Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NCAA announces Regionals entries/start lists

I just realized that my schedule for a wedding in Austin on Saturday might allow me to see some of the competition, mainly Friday evening.

Comment

Originally posted by MostKnownUnknown
      quick question......
      Why do SOME of you guys think that this meet is pointless or unfair to some athletes.? )
      I have grumbled about the two Region format because it creates unwieldy fields and no athlete or team winds up as a Regional champion.
      I do not think it is completely pointless. Twelve in each event from each Region advance to Eugene. It just kinda seems like coitus interruptus..

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf
        Originally posted by MostKnownUnknown
        quick question......
        Why do SOME of you guys think that this meet is pointless or unfair to some athletes.? )
        I have grumbled about the two Region format because it creates unwieldy fields and no athlete or team winds up as a Regional champion.
        I do not think it is completely pointless. Twelve in each event from each Region advance to Eugene. It just kinda seems like coitus interruptus..
        The meet is just incredibly fan unfriendly. I can just imagine explaining to someone I spent three solid days watching people compete in a meet in which there are no real winners. Even hard core fans have been known to skip early rounds at major meets. This is three full days of nothing but early rounds.

Comment

Working...
        X