Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Track Surface Colors

Am presently watching the Pac-10 Champs and noticed that the track looks like it's mustard yellow, or maybe mandarin orange color. My first time seeing a track this color. I've seen the blue, the rose/pink colored, and the green colored tracks. Are there any other tracks with other colors?

Re: Track Surface Colors

University of Hawaii is Blue, Green, Yellow and Red.

Comment

Originally posted by ATK

Comment

Originally posted by ATK
        To match the school nickname/mascot, the Rainbows.

Comment

Originally posted by RAP
          A Are there any other tracks with other colors?
          Racing on the old North Dakota State indoor track always made me feel a little like cross-country. It was a dark green.

Comment

When Blue tracks were installed, there were a lot of bird "crash landing" accidents as they accidentally mistaken it for water before the lanes were painted.

Comment

My high-school track was an earthy-brown color, probably because it was dirt.

My junior college track was black.

Comment

Ohio State's Jesse Owens Stadium has, of course, a scarlet track.

Comment

Morgan State University's Hughes Stadium has a track consisting of a reddish-orange & blue combination.

Comment

"lots" of schools now go with school colors, with the passing zone the second shade (a trend, as far as I know, started with John Chaplin's "crimson & gray" installation at Washington State).

The Cal track is meant to represent "blue & gold"

Comment

I applaud those different color exchange zones.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                        "lots" of schools now go with school colors, with the passing zone the second shade (a trend, as far as I know, started with John Chaplin's "crimson & gray" installation at Washington State).

The Cal track is meant to represent "blue & gold"
                        And with the track being the yellow and the striping the blue, makes for a hideous track appearance-wise, in my opinion (having spectated at Cal's Edwards Stadium many many times, plus running my PR mile there on probably their original synthetic track).

Call me older than dirt, but I like the dirt-red-colored tracks a lot, and all of the rest not much at all . . .

Comment

Originally posted by bad hammy
                          [Call me older than dirt, but I like the dirt-red-colored tracks a lot, and all of the rest not much at all . . .
                          Yeah, I kinda agree tracks should be track colored... but I still like contrasting relay zones..maybe reddish dirt colored track with sand colored zones.

Comment

Hammy is right, of course, I did mean dirt colored tracks although my experience was on actual dirt tracks with sandy accents..

Comment

Personally, I hate running on blue tracks. Blue is a cool/cold color so its hard for me to feel like I'm running fast....even watching bolt in Berlin on a blue track didnt look at fast as he did in the '08 olympics.

Comment

Working...
                              X