Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Track Surface Colors

Originally posted by lonewolf
    Hammy is right, of course, I did mean dirt colored tracks although my experience was on actual dirt tracks with sandy accents..
    Uh, I may have edited something out around you there, lw - sorry about that.

Don't remember the sandy accents on my old dirt tracks, but do remember seeing the grounds guy chalk up the lanes before every meet.

Comment

at a time where the modern sports fan thinks image is everything, variegated tracks are a win-win thing; get used to it. And be thankful that some schools are bright enough to run with the concept.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
        And be thankful that some schools are bright enough to run with the concept.
        And even more thankful for those schools, such as Stanford and Oregon, that stick with the dirt-red, quite successfully. (No historian here, and I wouldn't be that surprised if either of those schools had school-color tracks in the past.)

Comment

Originally posted by bad hammy
          Originally posted by lonewolf
          Hammy is right, of course, I did mean dirt colored tracks although my experience was on actual dirt tracks with sandy accents..
          Uh, I may have edited something out around you there, lw - sorry about that.

Don't remember the sandy accents on my old dirt tracks, but do remember seeing the grounds guy chalk up the lanes before every meet.
          Uh, the sandy part was a slight exaggeration..
          Hey, if they chalked the lanes in your neck of the woods you were uptown.. on our country tracks they marked the lanes by dragging a 2 x 12 with appropriately spaced spikes behind a tractor.

Comment

(No historian here, and I wouldn't be that surprised if either of those schools had school-color tracks in the past.)
            I would say that Stanford has one right now.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
              And be thankful that some schools are bright enough to run with the concept.
              And even more thankful for those schools, such as Stanford and Oregon, that stick with the dirt-red, quite successfully. (No historian here, and I wouldn't be that surprised if either of those schools had school-color tracks in the past.)
              When Hayward, or more properly Stevenson Track, was a 440 track it was a mustard color. If it had to do with the school colors, it was news to me. I really liked the color. You could even run on it at night and see the track, which I use to do often.

Comment

The photograph referred to in another thread looks good with an alteration of light blue and light gray lanes.

http://www.ferc.gov/legal/staff-repo...d-response.pdf

Comment

Working...
                X