Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possibly the biggest formchart snub in U.S. history?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possibly the biggest formchart snub in U.S. history?

::begin rant::

This week, Track & Field News released its pre-regionals formchart for the NCAA's, and I immediately noticed that Cory Primm wasn't even LISTED on the 800m mens list:

Given that Cory Primm currently holds the #1 fastest NCAA time in THE ENTIRE FREAKIN COUNTRY (1:46.63), and the incredible season he's been having, this has to be just about the most MASSIVELY severe snub I have ever seen in the history of track and field formcharts. Ever. Maybe even in the entire history of the world. Like even going back to formcharts carved in stone tablets in ancient Greece probably.

As a rabid UCLA-fan, I am so angry I could eat a California Condor.

(Alright, maybe I'm exaggerating my anger a little bit for the sake of humour/entertainment, but seriously, what gives? Cory Primm should probably be listed at #1 on the chart, and if not that, at least not just completely LEFT OFF THE LIST! I mean what the heck!?)

::end rant::

:evil:

Re: Possibly the biggest formchart snub in U.S. history?

Ha! Good catch.

DO list

1 Primm, Cory JR-3 UCLA 1:46.63
    2 Loxsom, Casimir FR-1 Penn State 1:46.74
    3 Jones, Richard JR-3 LSU 1:46.81
    4 Jock, Charles SO-2 UC Irvine 1:46.93
    5 Evans, Aaron SO-2 Georgia 1:47.00
    6 Samoei, Fred JR-3 Alabama 1:47.15
    7 Waite, Ryan SO-2 BYU 1:47.54
    8 Kitur, Felix JR-3 Va. Military Institute 1:47.62
    9 Webb, Sharif JR-3 Kentucky 1:47.64
    10 Wheating, Andrew SR-4 Oregon 1:47.71
    11 Andrews, Robby FR-1 Virginia 1:47.73
    12 Foster, Ryan JR-3 Penn State 1:47.78
    Form Chart

1. Andrew Wheating Oregon
    2. ***Robby Andrews Virginia
    3. Richard Jones LSU
    4. *Ryan Foster’ Penn State
    5. **Charles Jock UC Irvine
    6. **Ryan Waite BYU
    7. ***Cas Loxsom Penn State
    8. *Mike Rutt Connecticut
    9. *Felix Kitur’ VMI
    10. *Fred Samoei’ Alabama
    Rutt gets lots more love than Primm! I suspect some wordplay irony there! :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by nicest person ever

Given that Cory Primm currently holds the #1 fastest NCAA time in THE ENTIRE FREAKIN COUNTRY (1:46.63), ...
      And let's see, Wheating and Andrews have only the Nos. 10 and 11 times, so in your universe I'm assuming they shouldn't be on the formchart at all.

I'm assuming that the compiler (I have nothing to do with these), after having seen Primm melt down (relatively speaking) at the Pac-10 made a judgment on likelihood of racing well in the NCs.

Note that he followed up his Pac-10 performance with a 4th at the Oxy Hi-Perf meet.

Comment

Comment

I'm a diehard Bruin and fan of Primm, so I also noticed that Primm was left off the chart, but I'm okay with it. I suspect he and his coaches are okay with it, too, and using it as motivation. Primm has yet to show he can beat the elite guys head to head (as evidenced by his 4th place finish at the conference meet). On the Oxy High-Perf meet, he finished fourth in his heat, but was 5th in terms of overall time:
          Soloman, Duane 1:46.48
          Johnson, JJ 1:46.53
          Mulder, Tyler 1:47.08
          Torrence, David 1:47.37
          Primm, Cory 1:47.40

Comment

The Primm and proper thing to do is to amend the 800m formchart

Comment

Originally posted by Alucard
              The Primm and proper thing to do is to amend the 800m formchart
              Proper? It's a formchart. You disagree, fine, put him wherever you want on your formchart. That's what makes this fun!

Comment

Did you guys like the part where I said I was so angry I could eat a California Condor? :lol:

Well I thought it was funny... ops: ops:

Comment

Originally posted by richxx87
                  I'm a diehard Bruin and fan of Primm, so I also noticed that Primm was left off the chart, but I'm okay with it. I suspect he and his coaches are okay with it, too, and using it as motivation. Primm has yet to show he can beat the elite guys head to head (as evidenced by his 4th place finish at the conference meet). On the Oxy High-Perf meet, he finished fourth in his heat, but was 5th in terms of overall time:
                  Soloman, Duane 1:46.48
                  Johnson, JJ 1:46.53
                  Mulder, Tyler 1:47.08
                  Torrence, David 1:47.37
                  Primm, Cory 1:47.40
                  4th at Pac-10s is evidence he can beat elite guys? Not to pick on the guy, but he's never made an NCAA final.

Comment

Aaaarrghhh matey... not but a fortnight yonder I predicteth thine shalt have eateneth thine wordeths. Sooner shall the swines pass upon the rarefied airs of the heavans than shalt thine faulty wordeths come trueth.

aka, Cory Primm gonna surprise yall HARDCORE. His 800m coach is superb, and I would be SHOCKED if he hasn't taught Primm how to correctly deal with the slowly-paced-first-lap-second-lap-kick-war disaster he got himself into at Pac-10 champs. That shit aint gonna happen this time. No way, no how.

Primm is NOT gonna just sit back and take it up the fanny at regionals, you just watch and see. You can bet your mortgage the dude is gonna go DEMONIC all up on this regionals rif raf, and will be confident as hell going into nationals after he chews these guys up and spits em out like chewing gum at regionals. Wheating schmeating. There's a new Sheriff in town, and his name is Coryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

::triple-pumps fist whilst screaming ferociously enough that a small vein in my forehead bulges out slightly etc::

Comment

I think Primm's problem may be the sit-and-kick races. Unfortunately, the prelims are often sit-and-kick affairs. If he can make it through to the final and if the pace in the final is fast, he has a shot. Otherwise, it's Andrews running down Wheating for the 3rd time in 5 months. :wink:

Comment

Fortunately for Primm though, he finally learned what his kryptonite is.

So now if they try to pull this snooze-n-kick trickery on him again, he won't fall for it. He'll just let them trail off way back behind him at their snail-pace on lap 1 way back in loserville way back behind him, and then when they try to go into Epic-Wallace-Spearmon-Kick mode at the end of lap 2, he'll already have long finished the race, so it won't matter when they Wallace Spearmonishly cross the finish line moving at more than 740mph, straddling the sound barrier, wearing fighter pilot suits to avoid having the skin ripped from their flesh their moving so god damned fast on their ultra-super-mega-kicks that they were secretly trying to stealthily rely on to beat Primm, not having taken into consideration the fact that Primm took that into consideration and ran fast on lap 1 while they were all sleepwalking, so now they can break the sound barrier all they want on the end of lap 2, but it won't matter, since he's already long finished the race and is watching them from the audience practically, so they're totally fucked at this point no matter how fast they try to run to catch him, since he's already finished the damned race!

At which point they will realize that he was aware all along of their devious plans, having learned from falling for their trickery when they used this strategy against him to his demise at Pac-10 champs, and that he his super good 800m coach had taught him now how to deal with their evil tricky-paced-shenanigans this time, when they try to do it again at regionals, so now their plans were foiled, and useless. So now they'll all just sit down on the infield afterwards, having been thoroughly and completely crushed by a less naive Primm this time, and just sit their sobbing hysterically, unable to forgive themselves for how foolishly they had thought that Primm would not learn how to adjust to their pacing-shenanigans and destroy them as a result of not falling for their tricks this time around.

That's what's gonna happen.

Comment

Man, I need to sober up, lol

Comment

Originally posted by nicest person ever
                            Did you guys like the part where I said I was so angry I could eat a California Condor? :lol:

Well I thought it was funny... ops: ops:
                            Yes I did. Obviously the nicest person ever would not eat an endangered species.

Comment

Originally posted by dl
                              Originally posted by richxx87
                              Primm has yet to show he can beat the elite guys head to head (as evidenced by his 4th place finish at the conference meet).
                              4th at Pac-10s is evidence he can beat elite guys? Not to pick on the guy, but he's never made an NCAA final.
                              Say what?! ... We are in agreement, but you misread my words: "has yet to show he can" essentially means 'he has NOT' beaten the elites.

Comment

Working...
                              X