Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing Needed....

Just got my April issue ! ( best day of the month as always)

but.... for the second straight month, in the "Next Month In T&FN" box, you're a month behind, as after you've described all the things that will be in the next month's issue ( May) you state "... April edition will be mailed by February 29." You did the SAME Thing last month !!

Hello ?????

Re: Editing Needed....

Great! I should get mine in 3 weeks or so.

Comment

don't be such a squeaker, pay the extra $'s for 1st class postage.

Comment

>don't be such a squeaker, pay the extra $'s for 1st class postage.

I just read it for the articles anyway so it doesn't really matter as long as I am reading one. Mostly a distance freak and RRW gets me all I need right in my email box every Monday(plus periodic updates during the week) first thing-although not today yet for some reason. Trackinfo, Walt Murphy and TPR are all also pretty timely for US stuff, cross and overall T&F respectively. Throw in the 4 or 5 other mail subcriptions for road running, masters and the Can scene(just asked for sub info for the newest one)and there is never a lack of things to read.

Comment

just kidding, MJD; you're spending plenty already !

Comment

How much extra is first class? I get mine weeks after people reference it here, never realised it before.

Comment

>just kidding, MJD; you're spending plenty already !
              Of course that doesn't count the non track stuff-Time, Newsweek, SI, RS, Spin, Investor's Digest, Investor's Weekly, Sunday NYT, Forbes, 5 daily newspapers, three local weeklies and, I hesitate to admit it to this left coast bunch, but NR and AS. Probably missed a few-oh yeah, three profession related mags and a CI mag. Also, Running Stats, New England Runner, RW, and Running Times.

Comment

>How much extra is first class? I get mine weeks after people reference it here,
                >never realised it before.
                The last mag I have which isn't the latest says 43.95/82.00 and 120.00 for 1, 2 and 3 years. Add 20.00 for 1st class. Foreigners pay 54.00/102.00 and 150.00. Foreign air mail is available on request. Since we are on the same continent, I don't know if that applies to us.

Comment

fyi- http://www.trackandfieldnews.com/tfn-cg ... t=subs_tfn

Comment

>fyi-
                    >http://www.trackandfieldnews.com/tfn...oduct=subs_tfn

Ok, if I understand this correctly, I am getting it as fast as I can. Now why it takes a few weeks longer to ship to a place just over the border and is probably geographically closer than some US recipients from wherever you mail from is beyond me.

Comment

I have the regular mailing option, but I remember getting, for example, the April edition around Feb 24, now I don't get that same edition until one or two weeks into April.

Comment

Although I'm (sadly) not getting any kickbacks from T&FN, I will vouch for the value of a 1st class subscription. Not only do you get it FAST, but it comes in an envelope so the magazine is always in pristine condition. (But, no, I don't expect to get rich selling my mint set of T&FN anytime soon...)

Comment

funny you should mention it - I made a tidy sum on my 9 year supply of T&FNs that I sold on eBay a couple years ago - my sub was 1st class, most all issues were pristine. A bidding war ensued and I ended up with $334.00!!! Pleasant surprise.

from a retired track fan (who wants her kids to learn to love track as much as she does, even if she hasn't been to a meet in 10 years, and is hoping to take them to Sacramento this summer as their intro!)

Comment

Ah, the nicest words in the world for sellers: "bidding war."

Comment

>funny you should mention it - I made a tidy sum on my 9 year supply of T&FNs
                              >that I sold on eBay a couple years ago - my sub was 1st class, most all issues
                              >were pristine. A bidding war ensued and I ended up with $334.00!!! Pleasant
                              >surprise.

from a retired track fan (who wants her kids to learn to love
                              >track as much as she does, even if she hasn't been to a meet in 10 years, and
                              >is hoping to take them to Sacramento this summer as their intro!)

What makes one become a "retired" track fan ?

Once a fan, always a fan, isn't that the way it should be ?!

Comment

Working...
                              X