Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2-site Regionals: Not so bad

Most of the coaches I know have indicated that the NCAA Cabinet will decide soon between two models, one, keep it the same as we have now, or go with the 24/8 plan. Either way, there is going to have to be some discussion/organization on how best to deliver either model. If the model we have this year is retained, then the NCAA Committee will I'm sure look at what worked/didn't work, and make adjustments as best as they can. If we go with the new 24/8 model, then we will have to have a new organizational structure, which most likely will need to be tweaked after it is implemented for a year. Very anxious to hear which direction we will go in.

Comment

Rumor has it that the Cabinet took no action and it's now a dead subject until September at the earliest (which means trying to effect change after a school year has begun, which I gather isn't the easiest thing to do).

Comment

As I said when I started this thread, I rather enjoyed the regionals/prelim rounds held here in Austin, as did the track geeks I sat with.

However, if they do eliminate regionals, maybe that would resolve my big hang-up with regionals: When they were instituted, the Big 12 moved its conference meet to the same weekend as the Texas high school championships, thus killing any chance I'd ever see the Big 12 meet again, because I damn sure ain't missing the Texas HS meet. Perhaps Big 12 would go back to its previous schedule that allowed me to see both.
        "Run fast and keep turning left."

Comment

Next year same as this (see story now posted to front page)

Comment

Working...
          X