2 MCLAUGHLIN Anneisha JAM 6 JAN 1986 22.55 23.24
    3 BROOKS Sheri-Ann JAM 11 FEB 1983 22.70 22.72
    4 FERGUSON-MCKENZIE Debbie BAH 16 JAN 1976 22.19
    5 MOORE Lashauntea USA 31 JUL 1983 22.46 22.46
    6 JETER Carmelita USA 24 NOV 1979 22.47
    7 MOTHERSILL Cydonie CAY 19 MAR 1978 22.39 22.70 1 3
    8 FLOYD-BROADNAX Ebonie USA 21 OCT 1983 22.32 23.06

Re: Oslo DL: w200

Anxious to see how Moore performs against some stiffer comp. She's done very well very early.

Comment

I think CJ smokes her and the rest of the field

cheers

Comment

I can't see LaShauntae getting "smoked" in the 200 by Jeter. Especially not this year, but maybe not last year or any other year for that matter in which she was healthy.

The biggest part of me believes LaShauntae will win, although it will be close.

She's been very impressive in the 100 this year, but she's never been shabby in the deuce. If she gets out at her new sub 11 pace then she'll probably match Jeter through the first half of the race.

And if its close down the stretch LaShauntae will be hard to beat, because she runs well from behind down the stretch in the deuce and has good stamina (or used to).

I had a seat at the finish line at NCAAs in '04.
        The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Trust me this is going a to be a decisive win for CJ.
          i think she could sweep the DL events she runs this summer.
          Amazing how john Smith turned around a sprinter who was running poorly in 08

cheers

Comment

DFM is on the inside of all the other favourites and was looking real good in her previous races this season. Think she could pull off 4points or so this meet.

Comment

Originally posted by longingfornia
              Trust me this is going a to be a decisive win for CJ.
              i think she could sweep the DL events she runs this summer.
              Amazing how john Smith turned around a sprinter who was running poorly in 08

cheers
              You could be right but it may take a 22.3x or better to do it. I wouldnt be surprised if Jeter won, just if it were "decisive" or Moore got "smoked."

Has Jeter run the 200 this season? Moore's not new to the event either as she's a former NCAA champion and Olympian. Jeter on the other hand has run the 200 relatively infrequently in her career.

Where's Kerron Stewart, VCB and Felix?
              The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Moore was completely on the line throughout the bend.

Comment

Clear DQ from what I saw. Although I think she might have still won. Moore gets DQ there which gives Jeter a win here too.

Comment

Just as I predicted, Jeter may be fast at 100m but she is not experienced at 200m and it showed today. She was struggling at the end of the race.

Moore may have had a lane violation but she clearly beat Jeter even if there was no violation on Moore’s part.

Veronica and Allyson have nothing to worry about Jeter over 200m anytime soon.

Comment

22.38 0.249 MOORE, USA
                      22.54 0.184 JETER, USA
                      22.89 0.157 FERGUSON-MCKENZIE, BAH
                      22.98 0.198 FEDORIVA, RUS
                      22.99 0.328 MOTHERSILL, CAY
                      23.18 0.177 BROOKS, JAM
                      23.20 0.14 FLOYD-BROADNAX, USA
                      23.37 0.174 MCLAUGHLIN, JAM

Comment

Originally posted by notorious
                        Just as I predicted, Jeter may be fast at 100m but she is not experienced at 200m and it showed today. She was struggling at the end of the race.

Moore may have had a lane violation but she clearly beat Jeter even if there was no violation on Moore’s part.

I agree completely. It would have been closer but Moore would have still marginally beat her in that race.

Stewart, Felix and VCB are still a class apart in the 200.

Comment

Any official word on DQ or not?

Everything on the web still lists Moore as the winner.

Comment

Originally posted by notorious

Huh -- she wins by 0.16 seconds, about 1.2 meters and she saves a good fraction of 3+meters/lane x Z% of a lane If Z is 33, then she made her whole margin on the difference in running position in the turn. Making this type of adjustment you need to think about putting the offending runner into the middle of the lane, not just moving them enough on a few steps to avoid the infraction.

Comment

Wind?

Comment

Working...
                              X