• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trackstar
    • Oct 2005
    • Austin, Texas

Texas Relays

start today at noon central time. Web page is here: http://www.texassports.com/mainpages/txrelays.html

but the results link is still set up for 2003 results. I assume that will change any minute now.

I'd love to provide eyewitness reports to y'all, but since my wife is due to give birth any day now, I suspect I'll be timing contractions this weekend instead of relay splits.
    "Run fast and keep turning left."
  • Jon
    • Oct 2005

Re: Texas Relays

>I'd
    >love to provide eyewitness reports to y'all, but since my wife is due to give
    >birth any day now, I suspect I'll be timing contractions this weekend instead
    >of relay splits.

Congratulations, and good luck to you (and your wife)!

Comment

• trackstar
      • Oct 2005
      • Austin, Texas

Thanks. I'm pretty sure my four-year-old will be a jumper, since that's all she does all day. My wife said this second one kicks a lot, though, so we may lose her to soccer.

Comment

• trackstar
        • Oct 2005
        • Austin, Texas

Okay, results are current now. The direct results link is http://texassports.com/results/tr2004/index.htm

Man, it kills me to have to be here at work instead of watching Donovan Kilmartin. Maybe next year I'll use some of my vacation days to go. I've never watched a Texas Relays decathlon, only the Friday and Saturday sessions. I've still never seen Kilmartin perform.

But I have scheduled vacation for the NCAAs here in Austin. I plan on watching every second of that!

Comment

• gh
          Administrator
          • Oct 2005
          • west of Westeros

Wow--10.58 legal for Trey Hardee. That's way up in world class for decathletes. And get as excited as you like about Kilmartin (who is indeed a great talent, don't get me wrong), but note that he's only four months younger than Hardee (2/7/84 vs 6/11/84).

Comment

• Jon
            • Oct 2005

>Wow--10.58 legal for Trey Hardee. That's way up in world class for decathletes.
            >And get as excited as you like about Kilmartin (who is indeed a great talent,
            >don't get me wrong), but note that he's only four months younger than Hardee
            >(2/7/84 vs 6/11/84).

Get as excited as you like about Trey Hardee, but they've only had one event so far!!

For the record, both Hardee and Kilmartin set PBs (10.58 and 11.07 respectively).

Comment

• Dietmar239
              • Oct 2005
              • I'm a traveller of both time and space to be where I have been.

Someone please keep an eye on Scott Sellers for me. I think he's gunning for a 2.28 jump.
              If you're ever walking down the beach and you see a girl dressed in a bikini made out of seashells, and you pick her up and hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream.

Comment

• gh
                Administrator
                • Oct 2005
                • west of Westeros

You miss my point: Kilmartin has been raised to godlike status--and with his jumps skills is well on his way--but he turned all his high school feats while being a year older than "normal," which makes his accomplishments not quite so spectacular. While they were the "same" age last year, Hardee scored 7544 with international implements, Kilmartin 7486 with the Juniors. Not saying Kilmartin is overpublicized so much as Hardee has been ignored.

Comment

• abinferno
                  • Oct 2005

What I'm wondering is how Kilmartin has already been throwing more than a foot farther with the college shot than he threw last year with the high school shot. It's not like he hasn't been receiving top class coaching. He's had a team of coaches since about 8th grade to develop all his skills.

Comment

• trackstar
                    • Oct 2005
                    • Austin, Texas

>Someone please keep an eye on Scott Sellers for me. I think he's gunning for a
                    >2.28 jump.

High school boys HJ is 3pm (central time) on Friday. Alas, I'll miss that, too.

Comment

• Jon
                      • Oct 2005

Trey kept the momentum going with a PB in the LJ (6.91m), but Donovan had a real stinker - 6.77m!! (He's a 7.5+ jumper!)

Comment

• trackstar
                        • Oct 2005
                        • Austin, Texas

Kilmartin is sort of up-and-down. That 51.2 in the quarter probably wasn't what he wanted, but he kicked butt in the HJ -- 2.07 (don't have my BGB handy, what is that -- 6-9 1/2?)

Comment

• gh
                          Administrator
                          • Oct 2005
                          • west of Westeros

Argh! Am I blind or is this another of those dumb sites (or dumb programmers) where nobody thinks to give a composite in the multi-events? Where's the !@#$!@$ first-day standings?

Comment

• abinferno
                            • Oct 2005

you can get the first day standings if you scroll down to what would be the second day and it has a link for event decathlon men, which shows the results table.

Comment

• trackstar
                              • Oct 2005
                              • Austin, Texas

Here is the direct route: http://texassports.com/results/tr2004/040331F001.htm

Comment

Working...
                              X