Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NCAA TV/streaming (stream is free)

No ambient sound on main channel. Seems weird.

Comment

Anyone have any suggestions to help me get the NCAA live feeds? I tried all day to get ANY live feed, and whenever I clicked on the blue "watch" free event button on the list of NCAA Champs feeds, nothing ever happened. It's as if the links were inactive, and it's not because I was clicking on feeds that shouldn't have been playing at the particular time... My cursor changed to the little finger icon like it should when you're on a link, but nothing happened whenever I left clicked on the links... The screen never changed, and nothing happened on the black screen to the right where the video should've started playing, and there was no indication that anything was loading... I downloaded the silverlight player during regionals and got no response when I clicked on the live feed buttons then either... I tried disabling my pop-up blocker, enabled cookies, and tried it logged in and not logged in, but there was never any response on any of the links... (I have no problems with other internet video, and no problems watching the online Universal Sports Diamond League broadcasts either...) Maybe it's my computer security settings, but it's frustrating.

Comment

It was nearly 9:00 ET before I got home and tried any of these - but I was stunned to discover that there was a track feed with audio and three separate field event feeds. (Working on a laptop, so I watched the women's HJ and had the track feed on for the audio).

Granted, it is frustrating to not get what you are promised. And it is especially frustrating to not get what you are promised when it would be no more effort (or expense) to do it right than to do it wrong. (Re: Triple jump - I never looked at that, but it is more effort to actually show a jump from a useful distance/angle than to shoot head on. Not that that is any excuse.)

But if you are a track fan over the age of 30, do you not realize we have reached Nirvana? We can watch our sport in pretty much the way NASCAR fans do, live and in color, with all the relevant data at our fingertips. Were you not fantasizing about this in the 90's? When I watched the Triplecast (I may be the youngest person to have paid for it) I thought "Someday, when I'm old, there will be a cable channel like this with every meet." Wrong about the medium, but we are fairly close now in terms of access to video and information.

It's easy for me to be sanguine - all my internet expeditions worked tonight (even though I'm 400 miles from home - another thing that was unimaginable a decade ago.) I'd be pissed too if they had not. But Jesus - I can remember a friend calling to tell me she had made the WC team in 1995 16 hours after the race, and being stunned that I even knew the results. (Thank you, Gustavus Adolphus College. How many people get that reference?)

If you are a track fan under 30 - you just have no idea. I can also remember going into my college XC coach's office on Wednesday hoping the X-Country X-Press had arrived so we could find out results of the previous weekend's meets. And even if it had not getting a bunch of them because those schools never faxed out their results. Or finding out about WR's when the next TFN arrived. OK, that happens sometimes now too, but that's because of two kids and a job.

Comment

Originally posted by marathondave
          It was nearly 9:00 ET before I got home and tried any of these - but I was stunned to discover that there was a track feed with audio and three separate field event feeds.

etc . . .
          TAFNY for nostalgic and upbeat post of the day! Thanks, md . . .

Comment

In anyone getting the feed this morning? "The media you have selected is currently unavailable" has been greeting me for the past two hours. And unfortunately, the field event "feed" isn't covering the Decathlon.

Essentially, no "live" coverage of anything right now.

Comment

But if you are a track fan over the age of 30, do you not realize we have reached Nirvana? We can watch our sport in pretty much the way NASCAR fans do, live and in color, with all the relevant data at our fingertips. Were you not fantasizing about this in the 90's? When I watched the Triplecast (I may be the youngest person to have paid for it) I thought "Someday, when I'm old, there will be a cable channel like this with every meet." Wrong about the medium, but we are fairly close now in terms of access to video and information.
              I'm with you 100%, but we all get spoiled easily. I'm at the top of Signal Mountain in the middle of Grand Tetons National Park, waiting out a storm, and for a moment I was miffed that I can't get the NCAA video on my iPhone. THAT's spoiled.

Comment

Anyone finding the running events on the stream for day 2? 200 should be going on now but I can't find it on any of the feeds...only field events. :?

Comment

Nm...got it now.

Comment

Cool, I'm getting it on CBS College Sports in HD. Check your local listings. Commercials and interviews are annoying though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty Favog
                      I'm with you 100%, but we all get spoiled easily. I'm at the top of Signal Mountain in the middle of Grand Tetons National Park, waiting out a storm, and for a moment I was miffed that I can't get the NCAA video on my iPhone. THAT's spoiled.
                      When one is anywhere near the Grand T, you give a shit about a mere track meet?

OK, anecdote to enjoy/reject at your whim. On the way to the '94 NCAA in Boise, my wife and I flew into Boise, then drove over to Wyoming to the Jackson Lake Lodge (one of the great residences on the planet). Bob Hersh and his wife flew into Montana, and drove into Jackson from that end.

They go to the hotel and when they checked in (true story!), they said, "we'd like a room next to the Hills." The clerk, with most straight face, responded, "Sir, we prefer to think of them as mountains."

Comment

Originally posted by texas_speed
                        Anyone finding the running events on the stream for day 2? 200 should be going on now but I can't find it on any of the feeds...only field events. :?
                        I don't know how else to explain it other than it is the first feed choice which began at 1pm today PT. The field feeds said field feeds. Appears to be the same setup for tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                          Originally posted by Mighty Favog
                          When one is anywhere near the Grand T, you give a shit about a mere track meet?

OK, anecdote to enjoy/reject at your whim. On the way to the '94 NCAA in Boise, my wife and I flew into Boise, then drove over to Wyoming to the Jackson Lake Lodge (one of the great residences on the planet). Bob Hersh and his wife flew into Montana, and drove into Jackson from that end.

They go to the hotel and when they checked in (true story!), they said, "we'd like a room next to the Hills." The clerk, with most straight face, responded, "Sir, we prefer to think of them as mountains."
                          1) There is no such thing as a "mere" track meet.
                          2) I was waiting out a storm. Other than that, I just got a once-daily NCAA update before dinner. I'm not likely to be back in GTNP anytime soon and spent as much time as possible out in the almost surreal landscape.
                          3) Such things are always a matter of taste, but I liked Jenny Lake Lodge better than Jackson Lake.
                          4) I discovered I have almost no reaction to altitude, save that I'm an even cheaper drunk at 7,000 feet than at 500 feet. Hiking, biking, running--no discernable effect. Helps to be slw, I guess.

Comment

Dammit, none of the four live field event updates is working on the results page. I wanted to follow all those events, and my computer screen is big enough I could have had all four up at once.
                            "Run fast and keep turning left."

Comment

Arghhh lost the stream and couldn't get it back for a few minutes.

Comment

they're now saying network issues will men no live field today

Comment

Working...
                                X