Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This weekend this board will explode!

This is why we follow sports my friends!
    • USA will defeat England[/*:m:g34hlasl]
    • Ryan Bailey will win in NY[/*:m:g34hlasl]
    • Kirani James will run 43 (this one might be a bit of a stretch)[/*:m:g34hlasl]

And that is just what I follow closely! :shock:

Oh and last but not least... She's baaaaa aaack...... :twisted:

The only way things could get better is if Alan Webb stepped out and ran a 3:26. :lol:

Re: This weekend this board will explode!

I just see this post. Very funny.

England winning by atleast 2 goals, so my money is on them. James could run low 45 or possible high 44. Doubt he is winning the final though.

Ryan Bailey? :shock: Only if all the others DQ out of the race.

Comment

I got about 4-5 guys finishing ahead of Bailey. Not saying he sucks, but id be surprised to see him finish higher than 5th.
      All hail Lord Zanus!

Comment

I think you overlooked the biggest event of all though:

Christophe Lemaitre is entered in the 100 meters in the Rome meet today.

If the race has a tailwind of anything between 1.0 and 2.0 meters per second, I'd say there's a better than 50/50 chance he'll go sub-10 today.

And if that happens, there is only one word to describe what the boards will be like today:

KAAAAAABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM!!!! !!!!!!!!!

edit: I just realized today isn't really "the weekend" yet, lol. Sorry, I'm on summer break, so I never really know/care what day of the week it is, lol.

Comment

And Felix will beat VCB Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by nicest person ever
            I think you overlooked the biggest event of all though:

Christophe Lemaitre is entered in the 100 meters in the Rome meet today.

If the race has a tailwind of anything between 1.0 and 2.0 meters per second, I'd say there's a better than 50/50 chance he'll go sub-10 today.

And if that happens, there is only one word to describe what the boards will be like today:

KAAAAAABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM!!!! !!!!!!!!!

edit: I just realized today isn't really "the weekend" yet, lol. Sorry, I'm on summer break, so I never really know/care what day of the week it is, lol.
            I too am on summer break, and I chose not to predict Lemaitre breaking ten because I didn't think it would happen.

One for one.

:wink:

Comment

Given how slowly Lemaitre accelerated compared to the rest of the field (if you watched the race), I was actually pretty impressed by his performance. The kid has some legit ass top speed for someone who's as skinny/non-buff as he is with as crappy running form as he has. He's got about as much upside as a sprinter could possibly have, from the looks of it.

But unless he gets a sick reaction time and a big tailwind in his next race, I am no longer gonna predict him going sub-10 in his very next race.

I still think he'll do it this season, but, I think it might actually take him another month or two to get there.

Hopefully I'm wrong and he rips a huge PR in his next race though!

I'm more interested in seeing what kinds of times he'll be running when he gets himself a proper sprinter's physique and gets older and stronger, and learns some decent running form, and builds up enough strength to not fall way back to the back of the pack during the first 20 or 30 meters of the race due to having garbage acceleration and only relying on his bigtime top end speed to take him home the way he does right now. I would not be at all surprised if he develops into a VERY very fast sprinter down the road when he's in his mid 20's. And I don't mean 9.9-fast. I mean REALLY fast.

Comment

Originally posted by bman
                • USA will defeat England[/*:m:3em0jc5u]
                • Ryan Bailey will win in NY[/*:m:3em0jc5u]
                • Kirani James will run 43 (this one might be a bit of a stretch)[/*:m:3em0jc5u]

The only way things could get better is if Alan Webb stepped out and ran a 3:26. :lol:

Ryan Bailey is not ready for primetime. Only 8th and last in the mens 100m with a 2.4 wind.

Comment

Originally posted by notorious
                  • USA will defeat England[/*:m:29duzcu7]
                  • Ryan Bailey will win in NY[/*:m:29duzcu7]
                  • Kirani James will run 43 (this one might be a bit of a stretch)[/*:m:29duzcu7]

Ryan Bailey is not ready for primetime. Only 8th and last in the mens 100m with a 2.4 wind.
                  Notorious you have to be joking! He nearly fell out of the blocks first of all then he pulled up with an injury!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• USA will defeat England[/*:m:1lvdgnzt]
                    • Ryan Bailey will win in NY[/*:m:1lvdgnzt]
                    • Kirani James will run 43 (this one might be a bit of a stretch)[/*:m:1lvdgnzt]

Wow.... none of those things happened... lol

Comment

Notorious did you notice that despite Bailey's stumble on step 3 (not quite falling out of the blocks for sure) he was still with the leaders and by 60 meters has the clear lead and is still virtually even with Thompson at 75 meters? He caught a cramp and completely shut down the final 25 meters in running the 10.14. Word I hear is injury is slight and he should be fine for nationals.

Comment

Working...
                      X