Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another HS JT Record 255-4!

It is reported that Sam Crouser broke his own record last night in Portland with a throw of 255-4! This throw would have won the NCAA competition earlier this week!

I do not know what the series was.

Sam and Ryan Crouser are both very promising future international throwing prospects.It will be interesting to see how he does in the upcoming USATF championships.

Re: Another HS JT Record 255-4!

That's 77.82m. I was impressed a couple weekends ago by a highschooler in BC launching a 69.XX bomb, only to foul at the line when he couldn't hold himself behind it, but 77+ is amazing.

Comment

Is the HS implement the same as the international implement?

Comment

Yes,they now use the international weight spear.

I wonder if he will be competing in the junior championships? It would be a shame if he doesn't cause you are only a junior for a short time which makes being a
        junior world champion special.

Comment

Crouser has entered the USATF juniors.
          I note from the IAAF.ORG list of junior javelin throws that a German junior has thrown 78.64 this year and one from Moldavia (I think)has thrown 76.27,
          so he will have his hands full to win the title. :shock:

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcQ4LWRqsCY

Not sure what the other side of the facility looks like behind the camera, but it's a shame that such an amazing feat of athleticism was seen by maybe a handful of people.

Comment

Working...
            X