X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAST Annual In FINALLY

Just in time :evil: Mine arrived today.

Re: FAST Annual In FINALLY

Amazing. Just in time for the last four weeks of the U.S. season (other than summer youth meets.)

For a book that should be essential, USATF seems to have done as much as possible to show people how to get along without it.

In the past they've "always" had it ready by Penn/Drake weekend. Even that has always struck me as being a month late, at least.

Comment

Well, if you will start your athletics at end of winter.!! The book is not produced to suit the American athletics season, which has finished at College level prior to summer and soon will be at your national level in the USA., I note.

Europe, where nearly all the premier meets take place in the Summer, is just getting into its stride in Track and Field. Still July, August, September with lots to follow. :wink: :wink:

Comment

I prefer to see the FAST Annual as an SD Labor of Love, and he won't give them his baby till HE is darn ready to, fine-combed for any conceivable error (of which there are THOUSANDS of possibilities!).

I also don't think there's a staff of hundreds working on it. I'll take it when I get it, thank you very much!

Comment

Well, I did have problems this year to say the least. Not the least of which was the fact that there was a change in the major editors at USATF. Jill and Susan are no longer involved with the project. In my view, the real problem occurred with the company who was doing the final editing of the book before going to press. It took an inordinate amount of time to get all of this done. That being said, I like the product immensely. Many interesting things were added, such as photos, shading, etc. But Tom and I had to spend a fair amount of time re-doing the files which cost valuable time to complete the project. The book was printed in Indianapolis by the same folks who have done it for the past several years. Note that the original files were completed and in Indianapolis by April 14 which, as in past years, would have been sufficient to get the book ready for Penn. But, as mentioned, there were some difficulties that arose from that point.

I am not going to toss blame around for the book's tardiness. At the end of the day, the book looks nice even though it was terribly late. I apologize for this but it was out of my control. Now, it has been proposed that I try to get this thing ready by the USA/NCAA indoor meets next year. If I start a month earlier, it could happen, and I think that is a noble goal. But please give me a break regarding the timeframe. You can see how much data is in the book and it is very hard to get it all completed. This year, In January, I had two brief stays in the hospital because of my illness which really put things back. I was amazed that I was able to get the thing done by early April!! I worked very hard to do this. And, by the way, this could not have happened without the help of my main guys, such as Tom Casacky, Bob Bettwy, Barry Schreiber, Mike Hubbard and all of the event compilers. Without them, the book could not happen at all.

At any rate, I do have them. Paid up FAST members will be geting them this week; many of them have already received them. All books will be shipped by the end of today!! Also, anyone wanting a copy need only to send me 24 beans by check, cash, euros, scudees, or equivalent. Thanks much for your pateince and understanding.

Comment

Scott: We can never say a big enough THANK YOU for this work. Most folks can not appreciate the time-consuming nature of track compilations. On another note can you PM me your address. Somehow I have lost it and I want to ship my hard-earned bucko's to you asap!!!

Comment

Sorry for the delay getting back Rich. Been really busy with USATF. At any rate:
              4432 Snowbird Circle, Cerritos, CA. 90703
              And thanks.

Comment

I think I have the solution to this problem for next year: simply change the name of the book to the SLOW Annual. :lol:

(Slothful Lovers of Obscure Wonkiness)

Comment

Working...
                X