Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bolt could be so great for track, if

bolt could be even greater to track, but i dont know about others, but i am tired of the silly gimmicks he keeps suggeting like.

1. bolt suggesting he race the top 5/10k runner at 600-800 meters, all that would be is 2 mediocre guys against each other rudisha, kaki etc. would destroy bolt or k. bekele at 600-800 meters.

2. bolt suggesting he race a NFL star who has personal best of 1 second slower in the 100 and 2 seconds slower in the 200 than bolt, and the NFL player hasnt even participated in track in about a decade.

3. bolt suggesting he learn to bunt and/or be a pinch runner for a baseball team, track needs him way more than baseball does, he will never be as good in baseball, hopefully he just forgets this idea as baseball and track seasons are the same time.

4. today bolt is suggesting he race rugby players, why all the stupid gimmick ideas.

what i would rather see him do
    1. break his 100 and 200 records and get them as low as possible and try to add the 400 record.

2. compete against the best, tyson gay in the 100 and 200, and how about bolt vs wariner at 400 i would pick bolt.

3. continue running 4 x100 in big meets, and add the 4 x 400 in olympic/world championship meets, wouldnt it be fun to see him maybe at anchor and whoever is in front of him running scared knowing the fastest man from 100-400 is trying to reel him in, or put bolt on first leg and see how huge a lead he gives jamaica.

bolt is legitimately as good as people say (which is rare in a world of hyperbole) i hope he does not turn himself into a athlete who wasted his time on meaningless gimmicks.

Re: bolt could be so great for track, if

I'll second the motion that Bolt skips the silly stuff. Even a handicap race would be meaningless, whether he won or lost.

Comment

I would love to see Bolt run a leg on the 4x4, Jamaica could really use him as well, but the scheduling conflicts with the 200 next year in Dageu.

Comment

Originally posted by doug091463
        bolt could be even greater to track, but i dont know about others, but i am tired of the silly gimmicks he keeps suggeting like.

1. bolt suggesting he race the top 5/10k runner at 600-800 meters, all that would be is 2 mediocre guys against each other rudisha, kaki etc. would destroy bolt or k. bekele at 600-800 meters.

2. bolt suggesting he race a NFL star who has personal best of 1 second slower in the 100 and 2 seconds slower in the 200 than bolt, and the NFL player hasnt even participated in track in about a decade.

3. bolt suggesting he learn to bunt and/or be a pinch runner for a baseball team, track needs him way more than baseball does, he will never be as good in baseball, hopefully he just forgets this idea as baseball and track seasons are the same time.

4. today bolt is suggesting he race rugby players, why all the stupid gimmick ideas.

1. break his 100 and 200 records and get them as low as possible and try to add the 400 record.

2. compete against the best, tyson gay in the 100 and 200, and how about bolt vs wariner at 400 i would pick bolt.

3. continue running 4 x100 in big meets, and add the 4 x 400 in olympic/world championship meets, wouldnt it be fun to see him maybe at anchor and whoever is in front of him running scared knowing the fastest man from 100-400 is trying to reel him in, or put bolt on first leg and see how huge a lead he gives jamaica.

bolt is legitimately as good as people say (which is rare in a world of hyperbole) i hope he does not turn himself into a athlete who wasted his time on meaningless gimmicks.
        WHEN DID USAIN BOLT "SUGGEST" ANY OF WHAT YOU MENTIONED ???

Comment

Originally posted by bman
          I would love to see Bolt run a leg on the 4x4, Jamaica could really use him as well, but the scheduling conflicts with the 200 next year in Dageu.
          Jamaica shouldn't need Bolt to qualify for the final and, without looking, I'm quite certain that the 200 final doesn't take place on the same day as the 4x400 final.

Comment

Yeah,I'm pretty sure all those "Bolt suggestions" came from the creative minds of others, not him.

Comment

Originally posted by Stride
              Originally posted by doug091463

WHEN DID USAIN BOLT "SUGGEST" ANY OF WHAT YOU MENTIONED ???
              Exactly....

Bolt did not make any of these 'suggestions'....

If various promoters around the world are willing to put up silly money for these exhibition matches, then why shouldn't he take it?
              8-)
              My heart is still in the Caribbean....

Comment

Bolt's latest wacky idea now posted to Headlines on front page: run the backwards 100 in the "Paddy Games" :shock:

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                  Bolt's latest wacky idea now posted to Headlines on front page: run the backwards 100 in the "Paddy Games" :shock:
                  How about a three-legged-race with Powell next?

Comment

Working...
                  X