Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Track and Field Museum ?!?!

Does anybody know a track and field museum ?
    Private Museum ?

Re: Track and Field Museum ?!?!

Originally posted by HiddenDepths
    Does anybody know a track and field museum ?
    Private Museum ?
    USATF HOF @ 168th St. Armory, NYC

Comment

Did all the contents of the HOF in Indianapolis move to NYC?

Comment

According to the Wikipedia article on the Nat'l Track and Field HoF:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_T ... ll_of_Fame

the HoF/museum that was in Indy closed in '96, toured, etc. (see Wiki article for details) and eventually was moved to the Armory.

http://ny.milesplit.us/pages/Hall-of-Fame

Comment

My favorite: International Olympic Committee (IOC) museum in Lausanne, Switzerland.

It's many exhibits (e.g. evolution of shoes and starting blocks) plus print material, and historic film/video kept me busy for two full days -- and I would have stayed longer with modest hotel rates but had to move along because I was touring the European summer meets circuit.

The staff was very helpful with some historical reearch goals, In a small auditorium, seating perhaps 20, they screened for me (an audience of one) the race i wanted to see: final of women's 800m at 1968 Olympics in Mexico City.

I enjoy reading on the evolution of various track and field rules and the museum staff found for me relevant items that were catalogued at the U.S. Library of Congress but unable to locate by that library's personnel.

Comment

I believe there is also a multi-sport museum downtown in NYC that has a few t&f items as well.

Comment

Working...
            X