Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• have fun in those 1500 heats, boys!

Runners best keep their eye on the pace.

Qualifying method will be... drum roll...... 2+6! (women slightly better at 3+6)

Re: have fun in those 1500 heats, boys!

Originally posted by gh
    Runners best keep their eye on the pace.

Qualifying method will be... drum roll...... 2+6! (women slightly better at 3+6)
    And if memory serves the IQ of runners drops in the later heats.

Comment

Whose idea is this; it gives a strategic advantage to those in the third heat. There are 10, 11, and 10 in the three heats. There could be 8 from one heat in the final

Comment

Wicked, I look for Manzano and Centrowitz in heat one; Lomong and Will Leer in two; Tegenkamp and Torrence in three.

Comment

I agree with all previous comments, but I fear that 800 (M&W) is worse. Why have three heats of 9 - 11 runners? Four heats of 7 - 8 runners would be much safer. Women's OT final in 2008 was a mess with 12 runners. The pace was 56 then try to hang on. Why ask for trouble?
          none

Comment

Originally posted by Gleason
            I agree with all previous comments, but I fear that 800 (M&W) is worse. Why have three heats of 9 - 11 runners? Four heats of 7 - 8 runners would be much safer. Women's OT final in 2008 was a mess with 12 runners. The pace was 56 then try to hang on. Why ask for trouble?
            Only idiots, who know nothing about the tactics of distance running, qualify more for the next round by time, rather than place...
            Every possible qualifying position should be by place, in the distance events. Any other option gives a huge advantage to those in the last heat. What is so difficult to understand about that concept?

Comment

Working...
            X