Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more SATCH wisdom

Hey baby who pulled my certain people can't run, jump or dance ? NEW RULE ;the FIRST AMENDMENT applies to Satch, otherwise I WILL RETIRE again.

Where's the "wisdom"?

I don't know if you're USAnian or not, but perhaps you need to refresh what the first amendment says:
    "Congress shall make no law ...prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press.."

Nothing in there about private owners (TnFN) controlling what goes on in their private forum.

Besides, shouldn't the OLD RULE still apply, that being rule 3:
    "The definition of "objectionable post" rests solely with T&FN. Be advised up front that sexist/racist material is out of bounds."

If you can't wrap your head around either of those, then perhaps a self-enforced retirement to reflect on them further is a good idea.

Comment

Re: Where's the

YOU ARE RIGHT . SATCH will reform . PALE people can dance if the music is slow eg ballet .they can high jump, pole vault , triple jump , and are OK in the decathlon. your view of the first amendment is WAY too narrow but you are certainly entitled to it. NOW back to track ; who holds AUSSIE record for throwing the 56 lb. stone? PEACE and LOVE grady

Comment

PALE people can dance if the music is slow eg ballet"

Last winter there was a story going round about a dancing robot from Japan, everyone was saying "Why bother, there are white people?"

Comment

OK, now we're right back at the racist thing again. Why is Satch so insistent at getting this started every time. If I say something derogatory about any race, whether it's meant in humor or not, it's racist. Get it? If you tell a white girl, who is a very good dancer, and takes her art very seriously, that she can't dance, do you really expect her to laugh?

Comment

Oh for God's sake tafnut lighten up, really.

Comment

If I say something derogatory about any race, whether it's meant in humor or not, it's racist."

Not so. If I make a joke about whites and I am white, I am laughing at myself. Racism is putting down a different race to boost your own flagging self-esteem. Who'd want to live in a world where you can't even laugh at yourself? Please!

Comment

>If I make a joke about whites and I am white, I
                >am laughing at myself.

And Satch is making a joke how?

>Racism is putting down a different race to boost your
                >own flagging self-esteem.

The reason for the derogatory comment has no impact on the definition. It doesn't matter if you say it to boost your own flagging self-esteem or to specifically denigrate others.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=racist

"a person with a prejudiced belief that one race is superior to others "

What Satch posted previously (that got yanked) and what he posted above, meets that definition. Rule number 3 of this board says that ain't allowed. Just because the poster speaks of himself in the third person, is at times incoherent and typically cursed with poor typographical and/or spelling skills, does not alter the fundamental facts.

If he, or anyone else wants to get in to that very touchy issue, they had better bring real, substantive facts to the table and not blanket unsupported statements.

Comment

Here's a real, substantiated fact: Satch craves attention.

Comment

And that's something I wont argue with.

Comment

"It doesn't matter if you say it to boost your own flagging self-esteem or to specifically denigrate others."

The difference being?

Comment

And Satch is making a joke how?"

I thought his comment about pale people dancing slow was hilarious. I'm white and I am quite aware that many white people can dance in clubs and do a bangup job of it. I also know that in general white people and straight people don't have a whole lot of rhythm and if that bothers you then you are humorously challenged and pitifully stuck in your PC thinking.

Comment

Re: Hello?!

"I also know that in general white people and straight people don't have a whole lot of rhythm"

I nominate that statement as the "most clueless of the year." No, it's beyond clueless; it's also clearly the most ignorant. And it was said in all sincerity, which quadruples the hilarity factor!

Comment

Mel, do you have rhythm and if so, why ?

Comment

"I nominate that statement as the "most clueless of the year." No, it's beyond clueless; it's also clearly the most ignorant. And it was said in all sincerity, which quadruples the hilarity factor!"

And just how old are you tafnut? Let me guess, fairly well into your 70's and obviously an authority on what is modish, particularly when it comes to dance clubs. Who's clueless? Hello.

Comment

Working...
                              X