Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Symmonds Break the American 1000 Meter Record at Pre?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can Symmonds Break the American 1000 Meter Record at Pre?

Looks like Abubaker Kaki is going after the 1000 m world record.

http://www.oregonlive.com/trackandfield ... me_wo.html

Comment

"It should be an interesting race. Eight-time U.S. 800 champ (four times indoors, four times outdoors) Khadevis Robinson is serving as pace-setter. Meet director Tom Jordan says Robinson is planning to take the field through 800 in 1:45."

If KD could take the field through in 1:45 as a rabbit and thus could run 1:44.x in an open 800 right now, he would not be rabbiting this race, I do not think. He might hope to do 650-720m at this pace though.

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235
        "It should be an interesting race. Eight-time U.S. 800 champ (four times indoors, four times outdoors) Khadevis Robinson is serving as pace-setter. Meet director Tom Jordan says Robinson is planning to take the field through 800 in 1:45."

If KD could take the field through in 1:45 as a rabbit and thus could run 1:44.x in an open 800 right now, he would not be rabbiting this race, I do not think. He might hope to do 650-720m at this pace though.
        That means the last 200 is going to have to be run in under 26sec. Seems like a long shot for 800 runners like Nick and probably not good odds for Kaki. I would think if Nick is at 1:47x he is not going to have much in the tank to do a 26x for the American record. Is a 26x something Nick can do after and 800 of 1:47x?

Comment

There are two pace setters. Scherer and K.D.I think TJ has it figured out.

Originally posted by proofs in the pudd'in
          Originally posted by 26mi235

That means the last 200 is going to have to be run in under 26sec. Seems like a long shot for 800 runners like Nick and probably not good odds for Kaki. I would think if Nick is at 1:47x he is not going to have much in the tank to do a 26x for the American record. Is a 26x something Nick can do after and 800 of 1:47x?

Comment

Wohlhuter was a WR holder and an Olympic medalist. Symmonds is not in his class. I would be thrilled to be proved wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by unclezadok
              Wohlhuter was a WR holder and an Olympic medalist. Symmonds is not in his class. I would be thrilled to be proved wrong.
              More importantly....in terms of the times RW ran....he's faster at the longer distance...which I think is pretty important.

Comment

Working...
              X