Galen Rupp
    Peter Van Der Westhuizen
    Juan Van Deventer RSA
    Andrew Wheating
    Anter Zerguelaine ALG

AKA the "B" mile :shock: What a field!

Comment

Re: Pre mile(s)

So Rupp's in the meet, just not in the 5K. Ducking, maybe??

Comment

Originally posted by DrJay
        What a FOWL thing to say. :wink:

Comment

no rupp has raced k. bekele, z. tadesse, and lagat several times, he has raced the best before.
          this race is probably better for his development, it is a winnable race, but a very difficut race for him to win, maybe he is in this race with the hopes if he can win he would be an even bigger star in eugene than he already is, and leave the fans happy he won and looking forward to next year's pre classic where he should be in the 5k, and maybe threaten the AR.

Comment

I know it wasn't a super hard effort, but I don't think he can be faulted for not wanting to run in a super fast 5k a week after running a 10k.

Comment

Well he just ran the 10K-and won, albeit in a slow time-at the USATF championships last weekend in Des Moines. Alberto had prepared him for a hot muggy race, although it turned out not so much. Even so, rather quick turnaround time for a very fast competitive 5K, wouldn't you say?

Still the "B" mile will be plenty challenging. Of course few expect Rupp to win, so it offers a nice "low pressure" effort for him in front of the home crowd.

Now Solinsky in the 5K- THAT is pressure. 8-)

Comment

Originally posted by doug091463

no rupp has raced k. bekele, z. tadesse, and lagat several times, he has raced the best before.
                this race is probably better for his development, it is a winnable race, but a very difficut race for him to win, maybe he is in this race with the hopes if he can win he would be an even bigger star in eugene than he already is, and leave the fans happy he won and looking forward to next year's pre classic where he should be in the 5k, and maybe threaten the AR.
                In the 1500/Mile, Wheating is definitely a bigger star in Eugene than Rupp. I'll bet most Oregonians would like Wheating to win this race. 8-) Now if Rupp wins- or Centrowitz- they will be happy too.

Comment

jkjoregon, did you see the Register Guard info about Wheating in the Bowerman Mile? http://www.registerguard.com/csp/cms/si ... lassic.csp I wonder if there is confusion as to what race he is in, or if this is a change to the entries?

Comment

Originally posted by hayward102
                    jkjoregon, did you see the Register Guard info about Wheating in the Bowerman Mile? http://www.registerguard.com/csp/cms/si ... lassic.csp I wonder if there is confusion as to what race he is in, or if this is a change to the entries?
                    Right, Wheating is now listed in the Bowerman mile. 8-) Oh boy, this is going to be fun. 8-)

Comment

chance for you folks to see the Aussie phenom Ryan Gregson:

d.o.b. 29 April 1990
                      PRs
                      800 Metres 1:46.04 Melbourne (OP) 04/03/2010
                      1500 Metres 3:35.42 Sydney 27/02/2010
                      One Mile 3:58.90 London (CP) 25/07/2009

Reasonable to expect a mile PR by a couple of secs at least

Comment

Originally posted by AS
                        1500 Metres 3:35.42 Sydney 27/02/2010
                        One Mile 3:58.90 London (CP) 25/07/2009

Reasonable to expect a mile PR by a couple of secs at least
                        3:35.42 ~ 3:53.1 and he might be in better shape than February (although that is in the middle of his summer season).

Comment

http://www.registerguard.com/csp/cms/si ... lassic.csp

“I am so excited,” Wheating said. “There are so many talented milers in the field. It’s a test for me personally to see if I can handle all the big dogs."

If Wheating eventually becomes a big dog, how about "Hooch" :wink:

Comment

Centro out of the International Mile at Pre and will be shut down for rest of the Summer because of a sore foot according to Lananna in the ERG today.

Comment

Originally posted by jkjoregon
                              Centro out of the International Mile at Pre and will be shut down for rest of the Summer because of a sore foot according to Lananna in the ERG today.
                              What is Lananna doing promoting Electro-Replacement-Glucose/Gookinade? That is was I think of in a running context when I see ERG.

Comment

Working...
                              X