Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Oliver 12.90 +1.6m/s

It looked really good; one of the cleanest runs I've ever seen.

Re: David Oliver 12.90 +1.6m/s

=AR. He's REALLY hot right now. Textbook stuff.
    There are no strings on me

Comment

If he lines up with a healthy Robles towards the end of the season, with good conditions, I bet the WR will be gone.

Comment

A fabulous season thusfar for Oliver.

Ryan Wilson also seems to be performing much more consistently this season than in years past.

Comment

Mr. Robles, you have officially been put on notice.

D.O.!
          The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

This guy is on his way in breaking the world record.

Comment

He clipped 2 or 3 hurdles along the way - that was not the perfect run either. There's more to come.

Comment

I kind of wish his mom would get the young man to finish his Wheaties, because he looks a bit weak to me.
                "Who's Kidding Who?"

Comment

Originally posted by mrbowie
                  I kind of wish his mom would get the young man to finish his Wheaties, because he looks a bit weak to me.
                  Speaking of his mom (nice lady who I met once) she was a 400h herself I believe.

Must be in the genes.

Kill it, D.O.!
                  The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Thanks clad... Keeping Ryan healthy is the key

Comment

just chatted with David at the post-meet buffet... he's a hoot..... Keeps insisting he'd rather win races than get any records.

After seeing him in DM last week, there was "no doubt" in my mind that he'd AR (and maybe even WR) this week if the wind were right. He is so danged smooth and strong in the late stages of the race. wow.

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke
                        Thanks clad... Keeping Ryan healthy is the key
                        Congrats Smoke-he seems to be running very well. For sure health can make or break someone.

Ryan has seemed to be (from afar of course) on the verge of a breakthrough over the last few years putting up an occasional big mark but I guess due to injury being unable to follow it up. Hopefully the health will allow him that many more opportunities for hitting some more nice marks and regularly so. Good luck to you both.

Comment

Take away the two hurdles he clipped, give him a barely allowable 2.0 mps and we'd have had a WR today. OK, maybe that's asking a lot, but he's right there and I wouldn't at all be surprised to see Robles' record fall later on this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by bruce3404
                            Take away the two hurdles he clipped, give him a barely allowable 2.0 mps and we'd have had a WR today.

Not so simple as that in the 110's. More tailwind may well have caused him to clip more hurdles(or downright nail them). But I agree - it will be interesting when he and Robles lock horns, hopefully in good weather.
                            There are no strings on me

Comment

I just got home from the Pre Classic and I thought the men's hurdles was fantastic. David ran such a great race. I did talk with him the day before the race and he is a very nice person. He says he uses his football mentality in running the hurdles. Some hurdlers, he said, concentrate on only five or six hurdles, but he goes after all ten. He really does value winning rather than the time. I think the world record is his before October 1 of this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X