• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• t_monk
    replied
    Re: World Junior Championships - Sunday

Originally posted by toyracer
    Well, the first leg split for Jamaica in the W4x400m is sure to look slow.

From http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/ ... orts1.html

"There was, however, at least one controversial issue for the Jamaicans, as the team's chance of winning was derailed by the officials, who placed the second-leg runner at the wrong mark, forcing lead-off runner Muir to run nearly 10 metres extra."

In all likelihood that error by the officials cost Jamaica the silver medal.
    So true. Am not sure about the gold. But am sure the silver was lost in those 10m

Leave a comment:

• kamikaze7
    replied

Video of Kenya team arriving home

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AGI7DbPlCE

Leave a comment:

• toyracer
    replied

Well, the first leg split for Jamaica in the W4x400m is sure to look slow.

From http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/ ... orts1.html

"There was, however, at least one controversial issue for the Jamaicans, as the team's chance of winning was derailed by the officials, who placed the second-leg runner at the wrong mark, forcing lead-off runner Muir to run nearly 10 metres extra."

In all likelihood that error by the officials cost Jamaica the silver medal.

Leave a comment:

• Kai88
    replied

Any splits for the other teams in the 4x400m.

Would be interesting to the time that GBR's anchor, Jack Green split on that final leg....

Leave a comment:

• shivfan
    replied

Interesting to see that Nigeria secured silver medals in both mile relays....

Has Nigeria finally started to harness their potential sprinting talent?

Leave a comment:

• 26mi235
    replied

Originally posted by tc
    "Unofficial" splits for US relay teams:
    Mance 46.7, Nolan 45.5, Verburg 46.6, Berry 46.0
    Dixon 54.4, Smith 52.3, Roesler 52.2, George 52.3
    USATF story has these splits:

After a relatively sub-par qualifying run, the women's 4x400 relay put together a superb final to beat favored Jamaica convincingly. The team of Texas prep Diamond Dixon (54.3), Stacey-Ann Smith (52.1) of Texas, North Dakota high schooler Laura Roesler (52.3) and Regina George (52.5) of Arkansas zipped to a 3:31.20, the fastest junior time in the world this year.

Leave a comment:

• Peter Michaelson
    replied

Kim Graham is one of my heroes!

I remember screaming at the TV what my high school coach (Cliff Bertrand) told us:

"Cut your man [or in this case, woman] down gradually!"

Of course my words had no effect. Kim kicked butt and the rest is history.

Leave a comment:

• NormZylstra
    replied

Originally posted by pherekydes
    McCullough won with 80.79m in Rd 2 ... Oh what might have been...
    Please share.

Leave a comment:

• stoffert
    replied

Originally posted by ChuiTai
    Originally posted by Spickard
    Roesler appeared to kill the 3rd leg on the 4x400. Wonder what her split was? She was down maybe 10m on the backstretch.
    Her leg reminded me of the women's 4x4 from '96 where I believe Opara of Nigeria went out hard early with Kim Graham (US) rolling up and passing on the homestretch. Third leg as well if memory recalls.

A colleague believes that those who have important long relay duty with their universities (e.g. Smith-Tx, George-Ark) during the indoor/outdoor seasons come to these meets with some maturation skills that in some cases gives them an edge. Talent and experience notwithstanding.
    I thought the same, I was like: wow this is a replay of 1996, Nigeria in the lead but loses it to USA.

Leave a comment:

• ChuiTai
    replied

Originally posted by Spickard
    Roesler appeared to kill the 3rd leg on the 4x400. Wonder what her split was? She was down maybe 10m on the backstretch.
    Her leg reminded me of the women's 4x4 from '96 where I believe Opara of Nigeria went out hard early with Kim Graham (US) rolling up and passing on the homestretch. Third leg as well if memory recalls.

A colleague believes that those who have important long relay duty with their universities (e.g. Smith-Tx, George-Ark) during the indoor/outdoor seasons come to these meets with some maturation skills that in some cases gives them an edge. Talent and experience notwithstanding.

Leave a comment:

• mike renfro
    replied

Danke.

Leave a comment:

• guru
    replied

Originally posted by mike renfro
    I guess I missed it somehow, but I thought Hasay's 4:13.95 was a PB. I suppose this websites lists may be out of date, but I thought her PB was 4:14.xx.
    4:13.80 @ the "exhibition" 1500 during the Nike Track Nationals earlier this month.

Leave a comment:

• mike renfro
    replied

I guess I missed it somehow, but I thought Hasay's 4:13.95 was a PB. I suppose this websites lists may be out of date, but I thought her PB was 4:14.xx.

Leave a comment:

• tc
    replied

"Unofficial" splits for US relay teams:
    Mance 46.7, Nolan 45.5, Verburg 46.6, Berry 46.0
    Dixon 54.4, Smith 52.3, Roesler 52.2, George 52.3

Leave a comment:

• t_monk
    replied

Relay sweep for the US. Good way to close up the championship for them.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X