Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IS SATCH CRAZY ?

I DISTINCTLY remember a G. HILL POST TO THE EFFECT that people , especially younger or us less talented, should not be driven away by jerks making fun of their spelling , or typing or use of words. I believe he said internet boards do not expect it to sound or look like a term paper. This followed a post by a young discus thrower who was very angry when he was told to go to English class .MR KUHA, PHD apparently thinks this does not apply to him .RUDENESS to others is much worse than a few inadvertant mistakes. This vicious man and others of his ilk need to review their conduct but then again I'M just crazy old SATCH , MORGAN ST. DROP OUT

Re: IS SATCH CRAZY ?

That was a pointless post. Take it off-line if you have a problem with an individual. I have mentioned before, however, that if an individual cannot take the time or effort to post intelligently, that he/she should not expect too much in return. In this regard, expect back the sort of thing you give out.

And in reply to the topic's subject line - you seem to want us to think so.

[BTW - I do enjoy some of your trivia on the History Board, but hjsteve always beats me to the answer, so I gave up.]

Comment

[BTW - I do enjoy some of your trivia on the History Board, but hjsteve
      >always beats me to the answer, so I gave up.]

not true tafnut, you know more than any of us !

Comment

Why are these inane posts allowed to continue? If you have nothing pertinent to post, stay off the message boards.

Comment

harrassment of others in violation of house rules is not a trivial matter. you would understand if YOU were the one being made fun of old sport . Last time I let bullies and jerks make me quit like others who couldn't put up with you and your BS. This time I STAY .

Comment

All-

This is a community space which means that, in order that the whole may be served best and not simply the individual, it frequently requires consideration and restraint before its use. Thus, it is a two way street- personal attacks should be avoided and if you feel like you've been attacked show some restraint (i.e. have a thick skin). The latter is especially true for regular posters. We get on each other's nerves occassionally.

Satch-

If you feel you need to defend yourself do it on the thread where you feel you were harmed. Don't spawn a thread that is completely Satch-centric.

Back to T&F. It was a great weekend of sport. Focus your energies there.

Ben

Comment

"harrassment of others in violation of house rules is not a trivial matter. you would understand if YOU were the one being made fun of old sport . Last time I let bullies and jerks make me quit like others who couldn't put up with you and your BS. This time I STAY ."

Ok Satch you talked me into it. 5k Guy is back! Wiser and rested and full of opinions if not time. Satch you aren't crazy, at least any more than the rest of us, you just know better than to take yourself too seriously, a trick we all should learn.

Comment

>"harrassment of others in violation of house rules is not a trivial matter.
                >you would understand if YOU were the one being made fun of old sport . Last
                >time I let bullies and jerks make me quit like others who couldn't put up with
                >you and your BS. This time I STAY ."

Ok Satch you talked me into it. 5k
                >Guy is back! Wiser and rested and full of opinions if not time. Satch you
                >aren't crazy, at least any more than the rest of us, you just know better than
                >to take yourself too seriously, a trick we all should learn.

Tooo many regulars with little tooo do but bicker

Comment

"Tooo many regulars with little tooo do but bicker"

At least we can be civilized about it even if we do bicker. I will try my best to take the high road when in conflict with another's opinion. Hopefully other will as well. If not then that is their choice.

We do have some good gentlemen (and women) debators on this board but its the few name-caller hoolagans that can get under your skin.

Comment

Working...
                  X