Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is Gabe?

With the 50th anniversary of the first sub-four minute mile coming up in about a month, I have been thinking about which men will make the 1,500 finals in Sacramento this July. I have about five good candidates, however I was wondering if anyone out there has heard any word about Gabe Jennings? I haven't seen any marks for him or heard what he has been doing lately. Maybe he is in Southeast Asia....who knows?

Re: Where is Gabe?

Ben, please delete immediately...

Comment

I hear Gabe is training hard since he found out that Jon Gill ran a 4:17 1500 this weekend. They are going nuts over at letruns about Gill's 4:17 1500 performance.

Remember, the madness on this forum when Webb, Jennings or Gill was mentioned. I guess they weren't really the good old days. Things got very silly. Maybe this thread should be deleted.

Beware of any thread about either Gabe or Gill.

Comment

They are going nuts over at letruns about Gill's 4:17 1500
        >performance.

Some of that stuff is hilarious:

http://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_read. ... 940&page=1

Comment

not completely hilarious. I read through the whole thing. W've all heard of "road rage", now I have seen "e mail rage" by that joeybagofdonuts guy. The next morning he realized the extent of his irrational behavior the night before and apologized for it.

Scary to read though.

Comment

>not completely hilarious.

I said some of it was. To wit:

"oldguy RE: Gill running 1500 today 4/5/2004 12:20AM - in reply to Surprise! Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Surprise! wrote:
            This may be one of the top 5 ridiculous threads in letsrun history.
            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You must be new here."

Comment

certainly true mjd. If one is ever bored and looking for weird entertainment, it oft times can be found on letsrun.

Comment

I wonder if Gabe will ever comeback. The guy has not run a sub 4minute mile in over 2 years. That is a long time not to be running at the elite level.

Time is running out for Gabe and other US milers. They only have a few months to get in at least 3:56 mile condition. I am sure Webb and his coach are planning a strategy to get his 1500 times down to at least 3:37.

US runners that need fast times ASAP.

Mullen
                Jennings
                Webb (3:57 indoors-good start. US leader in early 04)
                Pyrah
                Lassiter (used to be the USA's best)
                Wilson
                Guber

Question of the Day.

Who was the US college runner that posted a 3:56 road mile late last year? I know the coarse was slightly downhill, but it was never the less an impressive performance.

Comment

I assume you're talking about sean o'brien, though he isn't a collegian anymore, and the 3:56 was off a cliff. seems that there were a lot faster times run at the comparable congress ave mile in austin last march, with ben dawson running around 3:55 or so and lunn winning in 3:49.

Comment

So Sean Obrien is not to be taken seriously. In this vast country there has to be better milers.

Comment

>I wonder if Gabe will ever comeback. The guy has not run a sub 4minute mile in
                      >over 2 years. That is a long time not to be running at the elite level.>

No its not.

Time
                      >is running out for Gabe and other US milers. They only have a few months to get
                      >in at least 3:56 mile condition. I am sure Webb and his coach are planning a
                      >strategy to get his 1500 times down to at least 3:37.>

Gee ya think? I'd bet he's training to go any faster. Who'd a thunk that?

Comment

I think 3:37 is a realistic time for Webb. He hasn't shown any indication of running faster in the last few years. If he can get the A standard that would be great.

Comment

On a positive note Webb is for the time being the fastest US miler. I suspect he will run another 3:53 mile at Prefontaine this year.

Comment

Working...
                          X