Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DL Rules

If someone is still in the hunt for the overall event championship must the meet directors invite them to the finals? Can they say you can have a lane but not hotel(2days) or travel(if in T25World )? Not offering an appearance fee is one thing not giving an athlete a chance to win sems unfair.

example wLJ
    still in hunt but not invited
    Abdulai
    Glenn
    PS I do not know if either of these athletes opted out of the meet but they fit the scenario.

invited but not in hunt for event champion
    Howard-Lowe
    Savigne
    Pusterta
    Jimoh
    Radevica

edit-Ms Glenn E-mailed me last night saying at first an invitation was not extended but after pointing out the rules an invitation was offered and she will be jumping.
    Note: The newest entry lists are up.
    Tom Hyland:
    "squack and wineturtle get it"

Re: DL Rules

The rules say that anybody in contention to WIN must be invited, yes. Note that the existing Z├╝rich lists are "provisional," so it may well be that Glenn (if healthy) will end up on the list. Abdulai is not still alive, so that's why she's not listed.

As for all the shlubs who are listed, some (like the injured Lowe) obvioiusy won't compete. Others will have had contracts signed (way) earlier in the year that the meet is bound to honor.

Comment

When did Chaunte Lowe get injured?

Comment

It's why she jumped like crap in London this weekend; no idea if it happened before or during the meet.

Comment

From Brianna Glenn Twitter page.
          "They tried 2 not invite me 2 Zurich until I pointed out that rules (that the meet director invented) said I had to be there. #toughcookies"

It's a bad joke that they would even think to try to keep someone out of the meet that is still in a position to win. The DL will become a big joke if meet directors are allowed towards the end of the season to manipulate who can actually win. It's a good concept in an off-championship year and I'm sure they will come up with something else next time to peak interest, as the DL did peak the interest of many.

Comment

http://mysocalledfabulouslife.blogspot.com/

Ms Glenn comments on not being invited to London <> League
            Tom Hyland:
            "squack and wineturtle get it"

Comment

This thread at least partially answers the question I had from 3 weeks ago.
              From July 26.
              Are there rules viewable on the internet for who qualifies for the Diamond league "finals" (if thats what they are called) in Zurich and Brussels?
              Apparently calling these meets "finals" it a bit of a misnomer, as you don't really qualify at all unless you have a chance to win. So in some cases only one person is required to be invited.

Comment

Some event winners are already decided but, as I understand the game rules, anyone with a statistical chance to win must be invited.

Comment

The IAAF website says that Zurich will decide the remaining winners. So what is Brussels for? Maybe I'm missing something. :?

Comment

Z decides half the events, B the other half. See the charting on front page for details.

Comment

Working...
                    X