Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is DIX good to go in Zurich?

Maybe I missed a follow-up article or post here, but the Zurich start list has Dix in the 200, and another article says he's on the 4x1. After pulling up lame in the 100m in London a few days ago, I thought his season was over. Or was that just a cramp and not an injury?

Re: Is DIX good to go in Zurich?

I don't want to seem too cynical, but it's possible that he's already out, but the meet promoters have been "slow" to update their list.

Comment

if he doesn't make an "honest effort" in Z, he forfeits the overall. He'll be there.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
        if he doesn't make an "honest effort" in Z, he forfeits the overall. He'll be there.
        Perfect example of one of the negatives to the DL. Leading athlete is injured and possibly unable to compete in the final meet.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
          Wait - can you elaborate on the rule I don't know, or link me to it?

Comment

Originally posted by gh
            So, what about him being injured? Can't he just produce a certificate verifying that (as excuse for not competing)? Seems pretty inconsiderate to endanger athletes like this.

Comment

Unfortunately, Walter Dix is not on the start list for the 200 tomorrow. His injury must be somewhat serious. Rough year for the better sprinters.

Comment

Is it money again like in Monaco earlier this year?

:?
                Nicola Sanders 07' WCF 400mW: 49.65 secs [Osaka]

Comment

Sports Illustrated said this about the 200 meters for Zurich.

Usain Bolt's season-ending back injury robbed Zurich of its main attraction in the 100 final. He is scheduled to run the 4x100 relay for Jamaica in a field that includes rival Tyson Gay.

Gay confirmed Tuesday he would run - "I normally prefer the third leg'' - but will skip the 200 because of a slight knee injury. He's in Diamond Race contention after points leader Walter Dix withdrew with an unspecified injury.

Organizers said Wednesday that Dix is no longer eligible to win the award because rules state competing in the final is mandatory. Another American, Wallace Spearmon, leads the 200 standings.
                  http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/t ... thru.0571/

Comment

Working...
                  X