Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost in Translation

I love the automatic "translation" programs we have--they generate more bizarre literature than the Dada and Surrealist movements combined. Here are some excerpts (verbatim) from a recent web report (translated, I presume, from French).

"The Kenyan Bernard Legat, third better runner of the world in the 1,500 meters in 2003, confirmed his participation in the Grand Prix de Atletismo of Mexico, although in the test of 800 smooth, next the 22 of May.

"Winner of the bronze medal in the Games of Sydney 2000, Lagat will challenge in Athens to the Hicham Moroccan the Guerrouj, favorite to prevail in the 1,500 meters, and in Mexico she will be one of the attractions, in spite of not competing in his favorite test.

"The Grand Prix of Mexico is not considered one of the main athletic meetings of the world, but it will congregate to several suction figures to medal in the Olympic Games of Athens.

"If one recovers of an injury in the foot, campeona world-wide of the 400 meters, Ana Guevara, will be the great attraction of the Mexican equipment, in a test in that it perhaps appears the Olympic medallista and world-wide Lorraine Fenton, of Jamaica.

"Between the figures that could dispute this year the Grand Prix of Mexico is the Olympic champion of 110 meters fences, the Cuban Anier Garcia, that has reiterated its interest to compete in the meeting, and the world-wide plusmarquista of the 100 meters, the American Tim Montgomery."

Is that perfectly clear? Of course, it's obvious that the more suction figures we get to congregate in one place, the better...

Re: Lost in Translation

I like the last paragraph best.

Comment

> Here are
      >some excerpts (verbatim) from a recent web report (translated, I presume, from
      >French).

I'd wager it's from Spanish, given the meet location and "El G" becoming "The G".

Comment

Well, that's certainly a doozy isn't it? Where did it come from? You didn't provide any source. Either of hte original or the translation engine.

Comment

I pulled it off the LetsRun site--the link is highlighted on their home page. I probably didn't look hard enough, but it wasn't clear to me what the original source was.

Addendum: I just checked this site and the link is still there: in the right hand column. And, yes, the original was in Spanish.

Comment

you dolts are getting so bored you need lets run for topics.

Comment

If that ever really happens, please shoot me. (No animus against letsrun, whoever they are, just the thought that I cannot come up with topics on my own.)

Comment

Working...
              X