Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bryan Bronson

Hi TF News

I wonder if you can see Bryan Bronsons race when he ran 47.03 in 98 (PR) on video, film, clips on the net or somewhere. Thankful for answers. (My english may not be the really best, im from Sweden)

Re: Bryan Bronson

http://www.iaaf.org/athletes/biographie ... index.html

Comment

Originally posted by 7-sided
      http://www.iaaf.org/athletes/biographies/country=USA/athcode=9299/index.html
      I did know that but Thank you anyway, I rewrited a thing above.

If you not can find the race of any unclear reason in film on the net or maybe somewhere else, I would be thankful for answers.

Comment

The race was at the 1998 USA Championships in New Orleans, so unless anyone videotaped the meet then and uploaded it somewhere recently, I doubt you will find it. I will ask him if he has a copy.

Comment

Originally posted by gm
          The race was at the 1998 USA Championships in New Orleans, so unless anyone videotaped the meet then and uploaded it somewhere recently, I doubt you will find it. I will ask him if he has a copy.
          Who is him? Just wonder, a copy of Bronsons race on video? Would be great to see that fast race which is the fastest ever that I dont haven't seen on 400 hurdles.

Comment

T&FN, of course, takes the stance that Bronson's entire '98 season is wiped out by his subsequent drug ban, so his PR is actually 47.64 from Monaco in '97

Comment

Originally posted by gh
              T&FN, of course, takes the stance that Bronson's entire '98 season is wiped out by his subsequent drug ban, so his PR is actually 47.64 from Monaco in '97
              If this is T&FN's stance, why does it list 3:59.98 as the American Record for the Women's 1500m indoors?

Comment

I do not think that she was DQ'ed in that season and she never 'stood trial', just "went out of business."

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235
                  I do not think that she was DQ'ed in that season and she never 'stood trial', just "went out of business."
                  She tested positive at the US Outdoor Championships in 2003.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/2003-11- ... ples_x.htm

I don't see how the mark stands in T&FN's books if what gh wrote about Bronson is true. The same can be said for listing Barnes' 23.12 as the world record when he tested positive later that summer.

To what extent does this stance extend?

Comment

gh does say 'season' not year, and the indoor is a different season. Basically, I have just tried to forget her entire career and am glad to bet any of her marks off any record books.

Comment

You'll find neither Barnes nor Jacobs on our all-time lists either. The records we carry are those officially ratified by the proper governing body, which doesn't do retroactive bans in cases like this.

But we should have so clarified in the past, and the records pages now reflect this stance.

Comment

Originally posted by Ned Ryerson
                        Originally posted by 26mi235
                        She tested positive at the US Outdoor Championships in 2003.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/2003-11- ... ples_x.htm

I don't see how the mark stands in T&FN's books if what gh wrote about Bronson is true. The same can be said for listing Barnes' 23.12 as the world record when he tested positive later that summer.

To what extent does this stance extend?
                        Those records are still officially in the books because they tested positive in meets which took place after the meet in which they set their marks. As for Bronson, if his 47.03 were an official record of sorts, it would have been erased, because he tested positive in a meet which took place before the meet in which he ran that time. His suspension would have run right through the 1998 USATF meet.

Shouldn't this be in the historical section?

Comment

[/quote]
                          Shouldn't this be in the historical section?[/quote]
                          His last race he ran was I think in 04, a bit over 50 sec. And his career is probably over so I think so.

The TV-channel that showed his race should lay it up on the net, or someone else. It surprises me a lot if not somebody bring the race up on youtube for example. New Orleans 98 was not so long ago I think.

OK, he was maybe doped when he run that race, but interresting for at least me to see anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by CookyMonzta
                            [.... As for Bronson, if his 47.03 were an official record of sorts, it would have been erased, because he tested positive in a meet which took place before the meet in which he ran that time. His suspension would have run right through the 1998 USATF meet....
                            Not true: The 47.03 was on June 21; the positive test was July 14.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                              Originally posted by CookyMonzta
                              [.... As for Bronson, if his 47.03 were an official record of sorts, it would have been erased, because he tested positive in a meet which took place before the meet in which he ran that time. His suspension would have run right through the 1998 USATF meet....
                              Not true: The 47.03 was on June 21; the positive test was July 14.
                              You sure? I always thought he failed a test that was taken in April. I might have gotten him mixed up with someone else. Maybe that explains why his 47.03 is still on the Web's list of all-time performances (http://www.alltime-athletics.com/m_400hok.htm), and why everything from that point to the end of the year was erased.

Comment

Working...
                              X