Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Powell View Post
    But he's not a sub 44 second man. Not even a sub 46 second man, based on last year's SB.
    Wariner's coach is misguided in the way he's handling an older Wariner in my opinion, not that any change in training is going to get him back to sub 44.5.

I want to add that back in the day I raced against a guy who was world class over a 1 lap in the hurdles and the flat, he killed himself in the race and ran just under 1:55, he couldn't keep up with me or some others. (I was a sub 1:50 guy but not world class). I won't say who he was or who I am lol, but I don't believe running a fast 400, as in sub 45, necessarily guarantees being able to hop out and run much under 2:00 over two laps. Wariner's race doesn't show anything. But he's too old to make an attempt at moving up, which he has no interest in doing and never had interest in doing.

Anyway, my point is I doubt most sub 45 guys can just hop on the track and run 1:53 any old time. I might be way off the mark, but I remember what I experienced and witnessed more than once while competing, and what I've seen since. Those Mark Everett fellas are rare, never mind Harald Schmid or Alberto Juantorena. I'm in even more in awe of guys like that now then I was back in the day.

Comment

I'd love to see him do well...but I think he will be fortunate to break 1:50...and 1:45 isn't going to happen. I can understand him not wanting yet to hang up his spikes and I admire that, but he's too slow for the 400m now and not strong enough for a competitive 800m in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Cannon View Post
        I'd love to see him do well...but I think he will be fortunate to break 1:50...and 1:45 isn't going to happen. I can understand him not wanting yet to hang up his spikes and I admire that, but he's too slow for the 400m now and not strong enough for a competitive 800m in my opinion.
        Possibilities of Jeremy Wariner in the 600 meters???

Comment

I hope he got his degree from Baylor and can get a decent job.

Comment

Working...
          X