X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Insurance Coverage for Track Event Promoters

NASCAN can
    >afford any insurance it rquires.

Ok, I know that yoogan has been going off the reservation a bit in the last 24 hours but why is he talking about the Neighbors Against San Carlos Airport Noise now?

Comment

>NASCAN can

Ok, I know that yoogan has
      >been going off the reservation a bit in the last 24 hours but why is he talking
      >about the Neighbors Against San Carlos Airport Noise now?

Hey MJD you racist pig. " Off the reservation" ? Guess you hate the Native people of North America.

Comment

Ben? Garry ?

Comment

>I'm not worried about anything peanut brain, NBA and NASCAN can

I know it can be difficult to keep track of your themes when you're spouting off on multiple threads (at least for a peanut brain), but can you please try and keep your arguement consistent?

In your original post, you "agree with this policy" when it comes to not providing insurance for meets, particularly when "high risk" events such as throws are involved. Ergo, you are worried about potential injury to someone.

As for who that someone is, you later go on to post that it "is more likely some fat 10 year old drops a shot put on his own foot", presumably implying that the injury risk is not to the competitors themselves, or even officials, but rather non-competiting kids who happen to be lugging around various implements related to the sport.

Since to even the most deficient peanut brain, this is obviously not a concern relating to the nature of the event itself, but rather ancillary peoples, I believe the extension is logical that such extraneous individuals at other sporting events who are similarly at risk of potential injury (particularly if they are "dough head parents" or "porky, lazy kids" who are just hanging around and not actually being active) are also meriting your concern for their well-being.

I also note that you have in all your scattered intellectual musings, you have failed to respond to my earlier request that:

"Since you are apparently in the insurance industry, what is the actuarial incidence of kids, or anyone for that matter, getting bonked in the head from a stray hammer (javelin, discus, etc)? How does that probability compare to the chance they get taken out by a reckless driver on the way to the meet?"

Surely someone who is not part of "all the lower class and middle class people" who should be relegated to public transit, and has such a mastery of communication skills, enabling them to afford high gas prices, should be able to dig up the relevant information from within your industry.

Or have you just been blowing a lot of hot air?

Comment

Yoogan, would you tell us what insurance company you work for, so we can avoid it?
            "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
            by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

>NASCAN can

Ok, I know that yoogan has
              >been going off the reservation.....

AMERICAN INDIANS ARE PEOPLE, NOT MASCOTS
              Charlene Teters, Spokane

On the verge of the millenium, Indian people are still involved in what Michael Haney has described as the longest undeclared war against the American Indian, here in our own homeland. This war, no longer on battlefields is now being fought in the courtrooms, corporation boardrooms, and classrooms over the appropriation of Native American names, spiritual and cultural symbols by professional sports, Hollywood, schools, and universities. The issue for us is the right to self identification and self determination this is the fight of the National Coalition on Racism in Sports and the Media.

The American Indian community for 50 years has worked to banish images and names like Cleveland's chief wahoo, Washington redskins, Kansas City chiefs, Atlanta braves. We work to remind people of consciousness of the use of the symbols resemblance to other historic, racist images of the past. Chief wahoo offends Indian people the same way that little black sambo offended African Americans and the frito bandito offended the Hispanic community and should have offended all of us. It assaults the principle of justice.

Last year during the media hype that surrounded the baseball playoff games between New York and Cleveland, the New York Post caught up in the hype covered its front page with the headline, "Take the Tribe and Scalp 'Em." Little concern was shown for the Indian children, or community living in New York City, or around the country. The American public has been conditioned by sports industry, educational institutions, and the media to trivialize Indigenous culture as common and harmless entertainment. On high school and college campuses Native American students do not feel welcome if the school uses as its mascot (not a clown, a mythical creature, or an animal) a Chief, the highest political position you can attain in our society. Using our names, likeness and religious symbols to excite the crowd does not feel like honor or respect, it is hurtful and confusing to our young people. To reduce the victims of genocide to a mascot is unthinking, at least, and immoral at worst. An educational institution's mission is to educate, not mis-educate, and to alleviate the ignorance behind racist stereotypes, not perpetuate them and to provide a nondiscriminatory environment for all its students, conducive to learning.

Comment

AMERICAN INDIANS ARE PEOPLE, NOT
                >MASCOTS
                Charlene Teters, Spokane

Please refer to guideline number 9 on message board rules:

"9. Please respect the copyright of others: do not cut and paste whole articles to this site. Using the principle of "fair use," there's nothing wrong with quoting small snippets of copy in toto, but if you want somebody to read a whole article, please provide the URL."

If the best you can do to bolster your case is to cut'n paste an entire article, what does that say about your ability to present your case?

Comment

>AMERICAN INDIANS ARE PEOPLE, NOT
                  >MASCOTS
                  Charlene Teters, Spokane

Please
                  >refer to guideline number 9 on message board rules:

"9. Please respect the
                  >copyright of others: do not cut and paste whole articles to this site. Using
                  >the principle of "fair use," there's nothing wrong with quoting small
                  >snippets of copy in toto, but if you want somebody to read a whole article,
                  >please provide the URL."

If the best you can do to bolster your case is to
                  >cut'n paste an entire article, what does that say about your ability to present
                  >your case?

Please refer to guideline #3 before posting racist remarks...
                  "3. The definition of "objectionable post" rests solely with T&FN. Be advised up front that sexist/racist material is out of bounds"

Comment

Please refer to guideline #3 before posting
                    >racist remarks...

Since we're now in the referral business, how about referring to anywhere, in any of my posts, where I've made any statement that can be construed as racist?

And how's that search for actuarial numbers on people getting hammered at track meets going?

Comment

And
                      >how's that search for actuarial numbers on people getting hammered at track
                      >meets going?

Just because you want me to research something for you doesn't mean I'll actually do it dumb-dumb. Your the reason this country is swerlling down the potty . Do the research your self , don't be another typical fat lazy American that relies on others. If you and other half wits like you could follow through on thier own , we wouldn't need a welfare system.

Comment

Ben? Garry ?

Comment

>Ben? Garry ?

My guess is that, unless Garry brought his blackberry to the San Jose game(altough the game was on TV), he has been AWOL since some time before noon Pacific and he is now likely celebrating their win. Ben is probably spending a nice long holiday week-end playing with servers. Don't make him angry. You wouldn't like him when he's angry.

Comment

I'm guessing that the 'LetsRun" board is down. I'm seeing a pattern here, from a number of posters. Grow up. Take your inane posts elsewhere. Some of us do come here for interesting discussion about the sport. I have to admit that Yoogan, and the likes of Satch makes it very difficult at times.
                            I would suppose that your coach never warned you about holding your breath while sprinting. 6,21,3,11 - 15,6,6!

Comment

I agree with you , I'm trying to have a discussion about sport, look at this blind siding crap post from a ignorant youth , with a personal attack that is against the forum rules . And the guy making the racist comment about our proud Native American, it just so shameful.

.... " Re: Insurance Coverage for Track Event Promoters
                              posted by: Pego
                              Posted 9 hours ago
                              Sat, Apr 10, 2004 at 6:40:17 AM PDT

Yoogan, would you tell us what insurance company you work for, so we can avoid it?

Comment

>Just because you want me to research something for
                                >you doesn't mean I'll actually do it dumb-dumb. Your the reason this country is
                                >swerlling down the potty . Do the research your self , don't be another typical
                                >fat lazy American that relies on others. If you and other half wits like you
                                >could follow through on thier own , we wouldn't need a welfare system.

Good thing you are avoiding making a "personal attack that is against the forum rules" then, isn't it? Especially since it is rather difficult for me to be a "fat lazy American" and being the reason your country is swirling down the potty. Not everyone who reads/posts here is USAnian or lives south of the 49th parallel.

Now, you also say "I'm trying to have a discussion about sport", but then here you are specifically refusing to provide any substance about your arguement for which you are supposedly more qualified to speak on than the rest of us. That is not "trying" to have a discussion.

Look back at your original post. You said the throws "are high risk , and the potential for suing is to high". It is my belief (and apparently the belief of several other "ignorant youth") that there is no basis for this statement, considering our years (some more than others) of experience with the sport.

You seem to claim that you have more information on this risk than the rest of us (since you apparently also claim to be in the insurance industry). So, I ask yet again, what numbers do you have access to on which you are basing your claim that throws are "high risk" and will likely result in lawsuits?

Either you are in the insurance industry and made your original claim based on actual numbers you have seen, or one can only conclude that you've been blowing hot air on this issue.

Obviously, you can put me in my place so fast if you would just provide a link to insurance numbers that prove the high risk. That should be so easy for you to do and make me look like such a fool. Alternatively, you can continue to mouth off about me and others. Your call.

Comment

Working...
                                X