Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Kenyans Have Only Themselves to Blame

The stupidity of the Kenyan Athletics Federation is the main reason for the plight of its athletes. I'll explain: On 22 May there are the Kenyan Military Champs. On 18-19 June the Kenyan Nationals and then 25-16 June there are the Olympic Trials! All Kenyan athletes in the military will have to not only take part in the Kenyan Military Champs but also in the Nationals which are basically a week before the Trials! Does this make any sense?! Imagine all those military athletes (John Korir, Sammy Kipketer, Benjamin Limo, just to name a few) who will probably have to run 3 times a 10k in one month and at altitude!!.And they wonder why they arrive tired at the main events.

I still remember Haile once thanking the Kenyan federation in an interview for breaking down his opponents before the major championships. You think the federation would have thought twice when the great one said this, but obviously.

Re: The Kenyans Have Only Themselves to Blame

As a kenyan myself, what i can say is that the office bearers are the stupi pple.They lack the coordination and they always frustrate their athletes.This one reason why they even get away from their homeland.Just to mention a few, Kipketer the Dan but kenyan born was frustrated that's why he decided to call it a quit,Former Cherono now Shaheen worn gold for Quatar at world championships just bearly two months after he changed his citizenship.Others will still follow the suit of quiting Kenya just because of the office bearers.The office bearers should be SACKED!!!!!! I say this because i'm a Kenyan and i run track here in the states for a college.College organization is better than a federation of a country called Kenya. DAMN! they should take a second look at whatever they plan and do with their athletes -Track.

Comment

I would rather we try our best to recommend a proactive, positive action plan than to continue pointing out the effects of bad management.

Comment

>I would rather we try our best to recommend a proactive, positive action plan
        >than to continue pointing out the effects of bad management.

For one why can't they combine Nationals and the Trials that's what we do in the US. Then the military might consider letting the top runners just run in the trials instead of forcing them to run the military champs too.

Comment

>For one why can't they combine Nationals and the Trials that's what we do in the US.

>Then the military might consider letting the top runners just run in the trials instead of forcing them to run the military champs too.

Sing that same song to the NCAA, and let them work that out with USATF if you believe it can be successful. The top NCAA runners can just run in the OT instead of being "forced" to run in conference, regional and NCAA championships, too. You never know.

Comment

Working...
          X