Clear All

• World Junior Record set

It's not what you think but tangentially related:

http://www.beermile.com/display.beer?event=272

The official site:

http://www.beermile.com/

Look here for the top performances:

http://www.beermile.com/records.beer?ref=wr

I believe there was a discussion of preferred beverage here. Well, you can compare:

http://www.beermile.com/records.beer

Re: World Junior Record set

Invokes memory of "Revenge of the Nerds".
    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
    by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

>Invokes memory of "Revenge of the Nerds".

Pego, Sean Wade's 5:40 just might be the toughest record in track and field. Think about it. Here are rules one and two:

1. Each competitor drinks four cans of beer and completes four laps
      (Start - beer/lap, beer/lap, beer/lap, beer/lap - finish).

2. Beer must be consumed before the lap is begun, within the
      transition area which is the 10 meter zone before the start/finish
      line on a 400m track.

And none of the watered down stuff that the yanks drink:

8. Beer must be a minimum of 5% alcohol by volume.

To break that record would take a special combination of speed, endurance and someone who can really handle their booze.

Comment

I'm curious about the rules and regulations, specifically #8:

"Beer must be a minimum of 5% alcohol by volume. Hard ciders and lemonades will not suffice. The beer must be a fermented alcoholic beverage brewed from malt and flavored with hops."

This is poorly worded (i.e. "will not suffice"), since the hard ciders are at least 6%, and the lemonades are at least 7%. It would seem that this would be a handicap, rather than an advantage.

Also, the "American watered down beer" is a myth, I've concluded. Most of it is 5% just like up north, unless you're talking about light beers.

Canucks should know better when it comes to these beverages, MJD! It's on the citizenship test, isn't it?

Comment

>I'm curious about the rules and regulations, specifically #8:

"Beer must be
          >a minimum of 5% alcohol by volume. Hard ciders and lemonades will not suffice.
          >The beer must be a fermented alcoholic beverage brewed from malt and flavored
          >with hops."

This is poorly worded (i.e. "will not suffice"), since the
          >hard ciders are at least 6%, and the lemonades are at least 7%. It would seem
          >that this would be a handicap, rather than an advantage.

Also, the
          >"American watered down beer" is a myth, I've concluded. Most of it is 5%
          >just like up north, unless you're talking about light beers.

Canucks should
          >know better when it comes to these beverages, MJD! It's on the citizenship
          >test, isn't it?

Too funny. The Hulk reappears the minute a mind altering substance gets brought up. I agree with you about the hard lemonade, having recently acquired a taste for Mike's. Funny, the US stuff is only 5.2% or some other ridiculous % compared to the Canuck 7%. I have to import my supply to ski country. My research, not scientific but remarkably thorough, tells me that the Mike's would slide down a lot easier although 4 Mike's would be like drinking almost 6 regular beers so the puke penalty lap could become a factor. It would certainly bring more strategy to the sport if the product were allowed.

Comment

I think it would be tough to do this, just drinking 12oz. of water at the start of each lap, instead of beer. Beer would probably go down easier than say, cola.

Comment

the distance coach at golden west college could shatter that record, as could former san diego state standout scott burch.

Comment

>the distance coach at golden west college could shatter that record, as could
                >former san diego state standout scott burch.

Maybe Sean Wade could be talked out of retirement and they could have a 3 way race. Any mortal thinking about guzzling 4 beers split up by 4 laps in 5:40 can't really comprehend it...like most world class performances.

Comment

I dare say, the head coach at Amherst college, could challenge that record and beat it with a fair amount of ease.

Comment

>>I dare say, the head coach at Amherst college, could challenge that record and
                    >beat it with a fair amount of ease.

...famous last words...

Comment

Working...
                    X