Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lauryn Williams

Things are pretty dead around here for the moment, so here goes. Lauryn Williams ran kick-ass PR's 11.01 and 22.46 at Miami Gatorade. What are her chances for making the team (not the relay) ITHO of this august body?
    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
    by Thomas Henry Huxley

Re: Lauryn Williams

Not as good as Lauren Fleshman's chances in the 5k. Williams ran great! It is cool to see new faces reach unfamiliar places... take it one step at a time, though.

Comment

If she maintains this sort of form then I think she has every chance of being on the sprint team in both 100 and 200. I expect 3rd in the US trials to be anywhere from 10.90 to 11.10 depending on conditions, and 22.10-22.40 in the 200m. Of course only time will tell, but she seems to be headed in the right direction. I must admit to being surprised by the times, not because I didn't think she was capable of it but for some reason I just never thought she was that serious about the sport. Of course I have no personal knowledge of the woman so this was just a(n) (obviously misguided) gut feeling. On further thought it means that she will have to beat two of Marion Jones, Kelli White, Torri Edwards and Chryste Gaines. It is going to be difficult but she seems headed in the right direction. Of course there are others to contend with like Muna Lee, Allyson Felix, and others (I. Miller, A. Williams etc.) Should be a fun century dash at US Oly. Trials.
      why don't people pronounce vowels anymore

Comment

I don't think she's got a real shot in the 100m. Too much quality in that event.

I think a shot in the 200 is more realistic yet still far fetched at this point.

Comment

I wouldn't discount her chances too quickly. She does have some credentiala which suggests that she is a big event performer. What has she achieved to date? World junior champion 100 metres, Pan am Games champion 100 metres. In the latter event she had one highly touted Allison Felix in her wake.

Comment

Working...
          X