Maurice Marion and Monty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maurice Marion and Monty

Ever notice what interesting trends follow a person's initials? Or first name?

1980s saw a succession of great milers all with first names beginning with the letter "s".

Sebastian Coe, Steve Ovett, Steve Cram, Steve Scott, Said Aouita, Sydnee Maree.

And even today there seems to be a perennial threat to national (cross country gold) security: STANFORD. For good measure, Shalane and Suzy are your two best middle distance runners.

In everyday life, there are a distinct group of people belonging to another fellowship, the MJ club:

Michael Johnson, Michael Jackson, Magic Johnson, Michael Jordan, Mick Jagger and Marion Jones. Moise Joseph has time to get on the "A" list!

Furthermore, many of your greatest sprinters over the past several years all have the letter "M" in common:

Maurice, Marion, Michael, Miller and Montgomery.

3M should have taken advantage of Maurice, Marion and Michael when all three were in the spotlight...good commercial opportunity.

There are two current "D" qualifiers in the marathon, so there may be hope for two more "D" qualifiers in DK and DR. Even DP has a shot! DP (#2) showed the world he could last summer, and should be back again.

Ah, and there is this Alan dude who won the marathon. Perhaps the shift can go now to the men's 1,500m...nah, that one is for later!

Top-3 USA men's 3K indoor runners: Lincoln, Lane and Lunn. Luke took the 5th spot on the charts.

Jason Long and Jason Lunn.

Nathan Robison and Nate Robison. Someone may produce a new NR!

You guys even had J-cube on the indoor quarter list: Jeremy, Jerry and Jason!

Last year Greene, Gatlin and Grimes were all in the 9s!

What will be your next USA superstar trend? When picking your t-f OLY teams, keep that in mind!

Re: Calling all Superstars! Who's Next?

you've got way too much time on your hands.

Comment

>you've got way too much time on your hands.

Actually, it is 22.57, and it is time to go to bed.

Comment

Actually, it is 22.57, and it
        >is time to go to bed."

That's 10.57pm for those who are wondering

Comment

hey mark we americanos are not total retards, but every time I am in an airport or train station in Europe, I have to subtract off 12 hours to figure things out as far as pm times.

Comment

I'm still on the 'Mickey's little hand' protocol.

Comment

I always wondered why the '84 Olympics weren't in Mukden, following the run of Mexico City, Munich, Montréal and Moscow. Maybe it was the name-change to Shenyang that ruined all the karma.

(Mukden used to be part of a great trivia question, which was to name all the cities in the world beginning with the letter "M" which had population of a million or more)

Comment

Never heard of it! Capital of Mongolia, which I though was Ulan Bator? What am I missing here?

Comment

Re: Maurice Marion and Monty

Mukden is in Manchuria (was, as gh pointed out the name change).

Comment

Working...
                  X