Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Usain Bolt could run 19.79 over 200 meters by early summer.

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Usain Bolt could run 19.79 over 200 meters by early summer.

17 year old Usain Bolt could run 19.79 over 200 meters by early summer.

Mid last year when I posted that Bolt could run 19.99 seconds (sub 20.00 seconds) by late summer almost everyone thought that I was crazy. In fact Bolt did not do that. I still maintain that he could have. I expected Bolt to have done that at the world championship even though I did not explicitly say where(anticipating some form of Competition). He did not run at the world championship and hence that is history. Now that he has done it, I am now saying that he could run 19.79 seconds (or sub 19.80 seconds) by early summer.

This prediction comes against the following background:

(1) He could actually do this right now (does he want to? No.). When he ran 19.93 he was not fully pressed. His nearest rival was 12-13 meters behind.

(2) It is early season Bolt has just started some form of speed work about two weeks ago.

(3) Closer to the Olympics he will run with a couple of guys who will try to press him.
    and he will also want to get comfortable running these fast times for his body frame and will be doing a lot more speed work.

(4) Bolt is a leader not a follower. He will set the tone for how 200 meters is run going forward.

(5) Bolt shock the world at 15 running 20.6 (not pressed). At 16 running 20.13 (not pressed) and now again 19.93(not pressed and just starting some form of speed work).

But hear this. You might also think that I am crazy in saying that Usain Lightning Bolt could run Sub 44.25 for the 400 meters by early summer (a Different tread).
    20201.jpg

Re: Usain Bolt could run 19.79 over 200 meters by early summ

euan is back. I was waiting to quiet Doubting thomases
    20201.jpg

Comment

I am categorically saying that he could run 19.79 seconds (sub 19.80
      >seconds) by early summer."

Advice from a regular...hit edit asap and get rid of that bit...you're about to get blasted (malmo's lurking)

Comment

I also said something to this effect:

Dead Bolt Locks Usain out of Finals! Lets hope he is still around in August.

Comment

Are you lightning struck?
          20201.jpg

Comment

What a contrast???

Gatlin Blazes 200-meter in 2004 Debut

Justin Gatlin's 20.21 200-meter at the Sea Ray Relays is the top time in the U.S. so far this season.
            20201.jpg

Comment

Still trying to wrap my head around this kid's time. Trying to understand why it is SO amazing. Is it his age? Is it that he broke the previous record by so much? Is it thoughts of his future? Probably all of the above.

Here's an interesting stat thought: Usain is one spot behind legendary 200m sprinter John Carlos (19.92A)! That's craziness!

Comment

Let me remind you of two little words from last summer- PINK EYE.

Comment

i actually think euan may be underestimating Bolt

19.93 in chilly conditions (not typical carib), the report of the race saying he ran comfortably the last 90m & with no oppo in the straight - that is SO hard to do

just for instance you gave him 0.1 for chilly conditions/no speed work & at least another 0.1 if someone was pushing him throughout (probably more), then you're talking a slowest of 19.73

quite honestly, he must be the tallest ever sub-20 guy (i think he's 1" taller than obikwelu) & will just get taller - that means his stride will get longer & more ability to eat up the ground. if he maintains his co-ordination with increasing height, he could probably get up towards 19.5 - 19.6 by the time he stops growing

Comment

>17 year old Usain Bolt could run 19.79 over 200 meters by early
                    >summer.

He could also yank a hamstring by early summer.

Comment

Bolt's time is amazing and shows that he is clearly an anomaly.

But, a guy running 19.9 at 17 does not guarantee the same guy running 19.6 a few years down the road. Child prodigies almost NEVER go on to become world record holders (let alone world class athletes).

What will determine Bolt's future is how he can handle training, growth, maturity, etc... Bolt can have all the talent in the world, but if it isn't channeled properly, he's just as likely to be gone in 3 years.

Personally, I don't see him going any faster than 19.90 by the end of the summer. I think this was one of two peaks he'll have this summer.

Comment

19,5 -- 19,6 is not entirely impossible. Sounds like we are pressing the kid just a tad with our presumptions. I would, however, like to see what he runs between 23-25 years old... he may have some fantastic times, placings, and merits in store!

Comment

Even our national track associations website has gotten into the Bolt chase: Headline translates: "17-year-old 19,93 for 200m!"

http://www.friidrott.se/

17-ÅRING 19.93 PÅ 200M!

12 APR, 2004 Hösten 2002 utsåg IAAF Carolina Klüft och Usain Bolt till det årets "Rising stars" i den internationella friiidrotten. Att Carolina sedan dess kunnat släppa förleden "Rising" är välbekant, men hur står det egentligen till med den jamaicanska sprintertalangen Usain?

Visserligen har han ännu inte tävlat på något seniormästerskap - vilket man kan ha stor förståelse för eftersom han faktiskt inte ens fyllt 18 år - men nu tycks även Usain Bolt mogen att klassas som seniorstjärna.

Vid de karibiska juniormästerskapen i Hamilton, Bermuda på söndagseftermiddagen vann han nämligen 200m på 19.93 - den snabbaste tiden på sträckan i världen på över ett och ett halvt år!

Comment

Working...
                          X