Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Usain Lightning Bolt could run Sub 44.25 for the 400 meters

I told you why last year. I will again soon.
    20201.jpg

Re: Usain Lightning Bolt could run Sub 44.25 for the 400 met

who do not think so speak up.
    20201.jpg

Comment

A kid who's running as fast as he is and at such a young age.......anyone would be foolish to disagree. That said, he could also never approach his 200 time again this year. Kids are unpredictable. I hope your prediction is right, though.

Comment

Did you comment on his ability last year?
        20201.jpg

Comment

Your topic title says it all: he COULD run 44.25 and 19.79, but so COULD half a dozen others. Whether he WILL is a wholenuther thing. Everyone would like him to, but most of us are skeptical until we see how his progression curve works out. He COULD be there this year, in three years, or NEVER. I hope he does SOMETIME.

Comment

>Your topic title says it all: he COULD run 44.25 and 19.79, but so COULD half a
            >dozen others. Whether he WILL is a wholenuther thing. Everyone would like him
            >to, but most of us are skeptical until we see how his progression curve works
            >out. He COULD be there this year, in three years, or NEVER. I hope he does
            >SOMETIME.

Progression curve?

2002 2003 2004
            ------- ------- --------
            20.6 20.13 19.93

Plot the above data on a graph and your question will be answered.
            20201.jpg

Comment

Would you like Obea Moore's or William Reed's or Darryl Robinson's or etc.? Look through a stack of HS Annuals (I've got them back to 69) and count how many shoulda coulda woulda's there are. I would LOVE it if Usain is the real thing, but there are more early flashes that did NOT pan out than there are Great Champions that made it through to 21 intact.

Comment

Bolt will strike before you realize it(hence the name lightning). I understand what you are saying but Bolt is in a different class than any name you can list.
                20201.jpg

Comment

I really hope so but
                  a. I WILL be ready when he strikes (cuz of threads like this one!).
                  b. the fans of my list of names felt exactly as you do now about their boys.

Comment

>Did you comment on his ability last year?
                    No, I didn't. I do think he is the most promising young sprinter I've seen in a while. Xavier Carter is also showing promise. Anyone think he'll get under 20s this year?

Comment

I will wrap up my comments on this board until history is again made. Just like what I did last year. I will be back when everyone is shocked. not for long, I am gone.
                      20201.jpg

Comment

:-)
                        since you have already stated 44.25 and 19.79 as this year's 'goals', it will take 43.60 and 19.59 to shock us, which would be Most Excellent.

Comment

At least you spelt lightning right this time. I won't say what I expect him to run in Athens if he stays healthy, except that at this point no time that he runs will shock me, he keeps exceeding my expectations time and again (I'd expected around 20.10 at CARIFTA). Any kind of a medal in the Olympics will be great (although as a Jamaican I'm hoping he gets gold) You could have combined threads. I think that he is capable of running sub 44.50 right now, but doubt that he will be running many 400s in competition this year. I have never seen anyone running this fast this young so frankly I must say that even though I had picked him as one for the future as far back as 2001, I am still astounded at the progress he has made.
                          why don't people pronounce vowels anymore

Comment

speaking of spelling: is 'spelt' really how one spells 'spelled' in Jamaica? I understand that it sounds like that there, but I've never seen it spelt that way on purpose.

Comment

Spelt is a valid past tense and past participle. IMHO, it's use is archaic, and a bit pretentious.

Comment

Working...
                              X