Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mt. Sac

I noticed that Eunice Barber and Sheila Burrell are entered in the heptathlon.

Re: Mt. Sac

I just saw their start lists. I thought Marion was LJ-ing and Montgomery was going to run. I don't see him listed at all and only see Marion in the 200m; she normally runs the 400m there. Does that mean anything? Like she's not as fit as they'd like right now. I'll be there Friday night and Sunday, anyone else going?

Comment

Marion is slated to run the 200m, while Montgomery is entered in the University/Open 100. This is a bit odd, since the invitational 100m is stacked with competition worthy of the world record holder...

Comment

Montgomery is entered in the
        >University/Open 100. This is a bit odd, since the invitational 100m is stacked
        >with competition worthy of the world record holder..."

I didn't check the University/Open fields. That is a bit odd though; what message does avoiding Mo et al send (if any). I only hope the winner of the 100m. doesn't end up with it being his fastest time of the year, which has happened a few times in the past, I think.

Comment

http://edition.cnn.com/2004/SPORT/04/14 ... ics.jones/

Makes sense to me.

Comment

Eunice BARBER won't compete this week-end.

Comment

Kee-rist. Azusa Pacific Sports Info has been no help so far. Anyone seen multis results yet?

Comment

Nothing here, I tried to get the same but nothing can be found. This is ashame.

Comment

Am I reading too much into the fact that MJ dropped down from the 400 to the 200? Doubts of her conditioning?

Comment

The CNN link says that she wants to work on her speed (then why didnt she do the 100? Is anyone 'world class' in that event? She may be avoiding a confrontation maybe?)

I think it's obvious from her indoor runs she's a bit behind because of her pregnancy. Her times were solid if not spectacular, but I was more concerned with her form. She looked ragged again when under pressure from Kim Gevert. It reminded me of Edmonton 01. She needs to work on her technique which when in a rut can be hard to overcome.

I would expect a decent time in the 200 but certainly not a world lead yet. I understand that it's 22.47 at the moment, but I would imagine a time just outside 22.5
                    "If Gaby worked as hard with the weights as she did with her tongue she'd have a different concept of beauty. To get performances like mine, she'd have to sacrifice some of her good looks. The women of the west dont work as hard as we do" JK

Comment

http://www.apu.edu/athletics/trackandfi ... ies/031628

Comment

Working...
                      X