Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jewish T&F Athletes Wanted

Hello,

I'm a daily visitor to the message board, but a rather infrequent poster (I guess I've been intimidated by the massive T&F knowledge base of the regulars) and I was hoping that you may be able to help me.

I am the Track & Field Chair for the 2005 Maccabee Games which, among other things, entails assembling a team of Jewish-American track and field athletes to compete in Israel. The 2005 team will be assembled based primarily on performances from this season.

If you know of any potential or interested candidates, it would be greatly appreciated if you could either forward me their name and contact information or provide them with my contact info. Information is also available at www.maccabiusa.com. Anyone interested should inquire, performances in past games have ranged from competitive high school type marks to world class.

Also, if anyone out there has contact info for some of the more recognizable athletes out there (Drossin-Kantor, Schwartz, Mendel, etc.) I would appreciate it if you could pass it on.

Thanks for your help.

Marc Kallick
    [email protected]

Re: Jewish T&F Athletes Wanted

>(I guess I've been intimidated by the massive T&F knowledge base of the
    >regulars)

Especially on the historical board.

Comment

I went to that meet in 1978. My only real memories were that the Israeli women were stunning (even with fully automatics); Mike McLeod trying to chase a lizard from behind a painting and accidently flattening it against the wall; my room mate becoming annoyed at the maid coming in every morning at 5am so scared her off by laying there naked, with all his morning glory, while pretending to be asleep (it worked!).

Comment

Mark, I and others have said it before, but someday I want the opportunity to hear ALL the stories you've got !

Comment

Well, as the defending champ in the high jump, and thus the title holder of World's highest jumping Jew, I would love to go and defend my title.

Comment

That line is too funny!

Comment

highjumpfan,
              are you really the world's highest jumping jew? have you checked it out, cause that would be pretty cool. What have you jumped?

Comment

I think Sebastian Keitel of Chile is Jewish. He is national record holder for Chile in the 100 and 200. If you go to the link below and click on "Records Nacionales" (national records) and then "Varones Adultos," (adult men) you can see his record times.

http://www.fedachi.cl/

Edit: Sorry, I didn't read your post carefully enough. I assumed you were looking for Jewish track athletes from all nations.

Comment

>highjumpfan,
                  are you really the world's highest jumping jew? have you checked
                  >it out, cause that would be pretty cool. What have you jumped?

I don't suppose he jumped higher than Konstantin Matusevich, whose PB is 2.36...
                  Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

>Mark, I and others have said it before, but someday I want the opportunity to
                    >hear ALL the stories you've got !

Anytime Steve... I'm still deciding whether or not to go Sacremento, are you planning to go?
                    BTW, someone is impersonating you on letsrun:

http://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_read. ... ead=394295

Probably one of the assholes who were here earlier in the week.

Comment

>>Mark, I and others have said it before, but someday I want the opportunity
                      >to
                      >hear ALL the stories you've got !

Anytime Steve... I'm still deciding
                      >whether or not to go Sacremento, are you planning to go?
                      BTW, someone is
                      >impersonating you on
                      >letsrun:

http://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_read.php?

board=1&id=394295&thread=

Thanks Mark, I had not seen that. And I can assure you it was NOT ME that posted that ! But I am going to ignore it for obvious reasons.

Comment

Years ago in a newspaper I saw a very fast 110 hurdles result by one Renaldo Nehemish. The name sounded Jewish. You might want to check him out, although he may be retired by now. Never saw any times from him before or since.

Comment

Well, a few facts, while Konstantine or Kosta is Israeli, he is not jewish. His ex-wife was jewish, so thus he was allowed to emigrate. We trained together for three years. As for the all time records, Itai Margalit has jumped 2.27 and is the all-time record holder, but my 2.25 is second all time, and since I won the last Maccabia, I get to hold the curent title of worlds highest jumping jew. That and 2 bucks will get me on the subway in NY. Good conversation starter though.

Comment

In addition, while Sebastian has ran many times in Israel, he is not Jewish, he did however train with Alejandro Kraus, who is jewish, and is responsible for dragging him halfway around the world to run. The title of worlds fastest Jew, belongs to Alex Pochoromovsky.

Comment

Is that you Alex?

Comment

Working...
                              X