Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• message from Roger

found this on masterstrack.com:

Thank you very much for your assessment of my health, as well as erformance. I thank you for the advice on human limitations because of age. Who is it to say
    what type of condition our bodies are in? I am a track & field coach who continues to train over the 42” hurdles. When you can still beat some of the young kids, why not try to make the Olympic Trails at 41 years old. Did you tell David Ashford that he couldn’t do it? His challenge is no different then that of
    ours. I have been told many times in my life what I can and cannot do. If I had listened, I would have never won my first medal.

However, it’s good to hear someone else’s opinion. Your thoughts are noted as your honest opinions, but please take under consideration neither of you are
    Edwin Moses or Roger Kingdom. Equally! We know that we are not "Superman". Edwin chose to stop his challenge because of a pre-existing injury that wouldn't allow him to put in the time he needed. Gentlemen! Are we not allowed to set goals for ourselves? Think about it, the ambitions we have now are the same that helped us win Olympic Medals.

Yes! We are older and might not reach our goals, But! Are we to limit ourselves the way you men have? We are all different human beings! We hurt and heal
    differently! We win and lose differently! We approach adversity differently! So if you men can’t do it. Don’t get envious if some else does.

I challenge you both to make a donation to the California University of Pa Track & Field program, as well as to the Roger Kingdom Foundation Inc. if I
    qualify for the trails. Being that you are so sure I want make it. The qualifying time is 13.55. Follow my progress on the California University of PA. Website
    (www.cup.edu)

I spend my days and some nights coaching and mentoring young minds. I teach them to have faith and believe in themselves. That way they’ll never put limitations on themselves. We should “stop trying to predict our
    future and start creating it.”

Yours in Track

Roger Kingdom

Re: message from Roger

I spend
    >my days and some nights coaching and mentoring young minds. I teach them to
    >have faith and believe in themselves. That way they’ll never put limitations on
    >themselves. We should “stop trying to predict our
    future and start creating
    >it.”

At the risk of sounding cloying and/or patronizing, thank you.

Comment

Not sure how one can follow his progress, but here's his team bio:
      http://sai.cup.edu/calsports/tracknfield/coaches.htm

never hurts to have a two-time Olympic Champion as your asst. coach.

Comment

If RK runs under 13.55 I'd be astonished, but I'd root for him in Sacramento like hell.
        "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
        by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Working...
        X