Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Best Meet?

If you could only go to ONE meet (don't count OT's, Olympics, WC's), which one would you go to?

My wife has recently become addicted to Track and Field, and living in Utah, we get a few good athletes at the local college meets, but we'd like to go to a really GOOD meet--one with a lot of excitement and world-class athletes.

Re: The Best Meet?

Zurich GP

Comment

Pre is a bit closer.

Comment

Penn Relays

Comment

Comment

>Penn Relays<

Well, yeah. There really is nothing in world (including the OG, OT, WC's) that has the same kind of excitement that Penn has. But I've found it's not universally appreciated. I know some serious track fans--not Easterners obviously--who just don't get the Penn Relays. It's just too different from your usual meet. Some of them don't understand what the fuss is about.

As for me, if I had to go to one meet, apart from the OG, OT, WC, it would always be Penn.

Comment

And yes, I'd choose Penn over Zurich, although in some years I might regret that choice.

Comment

If you want several days of enjoyment and some good competition the NCAA championships can be pretty good depending on the year.

But if one day is the allocation then Zurich is nice in the summer. ;-)

Comment

well as the old saying goes, there's no such thing as a bad you-know-what, and that also applies for a track meet. Some are just better than others.

Comment

The Bruxelles Van Damme Memorial has always been
                    a very exciting meeting, with memorable World-
                    class performances.

Comment

Why eliminate the Olympic Trials? There is no more high pressure meet with such depth of world class athletes anywhere.

Comment

Any golden league meet gets to jump to the top of the list, but if you are in Utah, then you might want to consider either Pre or Drake.

Comment

If you are going for the elite competition and/or the locale, then it's Zurich; if you're going for the competition or three-ring circus appeal it's definitely Penn. The NCAA's have always been a favorite of mine also.

Comment

>Why eliminate the Olympic Trials? There is no more high pressure meet with such
                            >depth of world class athletes anywhere.

The only reason is that the OG,OT,WC are obvious choices for most people (including us), AND my wife is due June 30th, so that's not really an option. We're looking to go next year to a meet or two and had thought about going to Penn.

Zurich hadn't crossed my mind...we've been looking for an excuse to go back to Europe. Hmmm....

Comment

Zurich, Zurich, Zurich...

Comment

Working...
                              X