Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas Longhorns fans

I'm back! Any updated news on my lady longhorns? Also, where is Ron Hill, Texas high jumper?

Re: Texas Longhorns fans

Well, much to Oregon's chagrin, You've snagged Ryan Crouser for next year. :shock:

Comment

Welcome back man! The Texas Men's team is putting together a pretty impressive class. They have signed some great names in different areas: Craig Lutz, Sheroid Evans (maybe football schollie?), Ryan Crouser. They've also signed some other great Tx talent that should be pretty good too.

On Women's class, i haven't heard anything yet.

Comment

Originally posted by jkjoregon
        Well, much to Oregon's chagrin, You've snagged Ryan Crouser for next year. :shock:
        Just remember that Sam Crouser was initially announced as going to UCLA.

Comment

Did yall see that trackfocus announced Lukas verzbicas to Oregon but ended up retracting. Man, they must be a pretty upset fans right now.

It'll be interesting to see who Bev and Lady Longhorns pull this yr to go along with their great class last yr. They could use some good quality athletes to fill in some of their gaps

Comment

I just read that Octavious Freeman might turn pro or enroll @ UCF. I think she will sign with UCF more than anything else.

Comment

What's with Chalonda Goodman? Is she healthy and ready to be beastly?

Comment

Originally posted by LH06
                Did yall see that trackfocus announced Lukas verzbicas to Oregon but ended up retracting. Man, they must be a pretty upset fans right now.

It'll be interesting to see who Bev and Lady Longhorns pull this yr to go along with their great class last yr. They could use some good quality athletes to fill in some of their gaps

Yeah their freshmen class is pretty sick... Exactly what Bev needed to get back on the big stage and compete with A&M. Hopefully all of the girls actually remain a part of the program and excel.

Comment

I don't really know how her training progress is going but i am really looking fwd to seeing her on the track! Think she's gonna be great.

I hope Texas recruited well this coming yr. I think Bev is really close to help her team be legit for a title soon. Anyone have any updates on them?

Comment

Chalonda Goodman competed this past wknd! Glad she is back in action. I wonder how effective she will be after her achilles injury (and before that, she had a nagging ankle injury too).

http://www.texassports.com/sports/w-tra ... 11aad.html

Comment

I see Goodman's career following a path similar to Alex Anderson's...lots of expectations never fully realized due to injury and overuse. I hope I'm wrong.

Comment

Just my opinion, I think Bev has been smart using her athletes where they shine and have potential lately. If u look at the past 2-3 yrs, she hasn't competed any athletes where they don't belong and haven't overused anyone... With chalonda, she has only run the 60 indoor and 100 outdoor. I think ppl's view of Bev isn't quite accurate as of late... (while I see coach Henry at a&m doubling up on events and more to get those extra points)

Comment

Originally posted by texas_speed
                          I see Goodman's career following a path similar to Alex Anderson's...lots of expectations never fully realized due to injury and overuse. I hope I'm wrong.
                          I would have to disagree. Alex Anderson came in as such a versatile athlete, having run top 10 ranked times in the 100, 200, and 400 as well as being one of the premiere long jumpers in the nation. She is more mirrored by the talent Chantel Malone has, with her ability to compete in any of the sprints and horizontal jumps. I dont think she has been over utilized at all, rarely contesting all the events at a sinlge meet, unless in championship time. Chalonda's career will be fine. It looks as if Bev has been very conservative and patient with Chalonda's return to competition. She knows what she is doing down there :wink: :wink:

Comment

2Focused -- That's my take on it. I don't think Bev gets enough credit for what she is doing and gets criticized for a few things that I don't think she did, at least in recent yrs....

If their short sprinters can stay healthy, I think they could be a very good team. I hope Bev has recruited well for this coming yr. I have no idea who she has brought in beside Chamique Francis, but her team could be very good next yr with a strong class coming in.

Comment

In response to the recent replies...I certainly hope that's the case but I'll say, IMO, Bev's practices of "recent years" have been almost out of necessity...not so much by her own choice.

That is to say, she hasn't had the horses so she really couldn't "overuse" them.

I mean we're talking about the University of Texas women's team that 1) hasn't fielded a legit 4x1 in I don't know how long and 2) doesn't even attend meets like Tyson Invitational anymore because they just can't compete.

With respect to Goodman's situation, I'd heard the treatment of her injury last year and the fact that she wasn't shut down sooner by Bev actually led her to contemplating her to weigh options of potentially transferring after last season. Again, the only reason she hasn't been overused to date, IMO, is because she physically couldn't be used at all due to injury.

I have openly been a big critic of Bev and I remain cautiously optimistic that she can change her methods but the fact that she didn't/hasn't changed for so long has helped lead to the dominance A&M now has in the state (and even country). I just don't think we've seen a legit "star" come through the program in the last few years to see if in fact she's actually changed her operating procedure or if the only reason it appears to have changed is because of the reality of what she's had to work with isn't up to what she was accustomed to in the championship/dominating years.

I too am ignorant of the incoming class and even this year's freshman. I think the outdoor performance of this squad should tell a lot in the way of how Bev is running things. From what I understand, on paper at least, she continues to nab a few top talents each year. I just hope to see them progress once they get on the 40.

As to "not getting enough credit" I again point to the standard at Texas. If you haven't even brought in athletes that allow you to compete on a sprint relay at the conference level (not even mentioning nationally) at the University of Texas, a program with a storied sprint tradition, what are you really doing and isn't the criticism justified?

Comment

Working...
                              X