X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TxHottrack
    replied
    Re: Texas Longhorns fans

Any updated news at this point on Texas Longhorns recruits? I know the women signed Stephanie Okolo, & Kiersten Duncan. Anyone else?

Leave a comment:

• LH06
    replied

Maston Wallace was going to transfer out of Texas... attend University of Houston. So he had to sit out a year (but didn't have to lose his 1 yr of eligibility)... He was then injured this past yr that put him out of the season, so i think he had a medical redshirt. Now he has returned back to Texas, so that's why he is still listed as a JR. Anytime u win NCAA as a freshman, you know u got the cahones be elite.

I'm just wondering if IJ Ubabuike gave up throwing or not. Although she's not an elite thrower, she's Texas' best Shot put.

Leave a comment:

• Cooter Brown
    replied

Originally posted by harvtrack
    2008 outdoor NCAA Pole Vault champ Maston Wallace who disappeared for several years (University of Houston?) has again appeared on the longhorn roster with two years of eligibility remaining. Wonder if he'll be a factor?
    Don't you have to complete your eligibility in 5 years? Two years of eligibility would mean it'd be 6 years for him. Did he ever redshirt? Did he also get a medical redshirt? Would he be eligible for a medical redshirt for what he was out for?

Leave a comment:

• TxHottrack
    replied

2008 outdoor NCAA Pole Vault champ Maston Wallace who disappeared for several years (University of Houston?) has again appeared on the longhorn roster with two years of eligibility remaining. Wonder if he'll be a factor?

If healthy, I think Maston could take the top 3 spots at the big meets . I also noticed that the Lady Longhorns adds a few athletes to their roster: Jennifer Nwuli & Hillary McNutt. They are not the recruits, or transfers I was looking for, but they could be a nice addition to the distance class. Also, sprinter, Alisha Monnette, which I don't know if these athletes are walk-ons or what.

Leave a comment:

• TxHottrack
    replied

If healthy, I think Maston could take the top 3 spots at the big meets . I also noticed that the Lady Longhorns added to athletes to their roster: Jennifer Nwuli & Hillary McNutt. They are not the recruits, or transfers I was looking for, but they could be a nice addition to the distance class.

Leave a comment:

• harvtrack
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TxHottrack
    replied

It's mid September, any updated news out there?

Leave a comment:

• TxHottrack
    replied

Any info on the Lady Longhorns 2011-2012 recruits? It's near August, & no info on any recruits, transfers, etc.

Leave a comment:

• TxHottrack
    replied

Originally posted by LH06
    I keep hearing that Pat does not like Bev personally at all and doesn't have the kindest things to say about her...... so that in itself would already affect the recruiting side of things...

Grabbing Prezel Hardy away from the Longhorns when it was a done deal and then prior 'somehow' with LaKeidra Stewart was pretty suspect...

I think the Longhorns are adapting the last few recruiting classes. I knew the men would sign strong, and i think they have added a few more... (A Jamacian HJ will be joining and possibly a solid distance transfer).

On the women's side, i haven't heard of any solid 100% signings.. which is kind of odd. I was thinking they would be adding a few studs in the sprints and/or jumps but haven't really heard of those yet.... I think the Distance team is on the rise. They might get a solid one there.

Speaking of LaKeidra Stewart, I think she ran better times at Texas oppose to A&M. I could be wrong, but it that her freshmen year at Texas was better than her soph-junior year at A&M.

Leave a comment:

• LH06
    replied

I keep hearing that Pat does not like Bev personally at all and doesn't have the kindest things to say about her...... so that in itself would already affect the recruiting side of things...

Grabbing Prezel Hardy away from the Longhorns when it was a done deal and then prior 'somehow' with LaKeidra Stewart was pretty suspect...

I think the Longhorns are adapting the last few recruiting classes. I knew the men would sign strong, and i think they have added a few more... (A Jamacian HJ will be joining and possibly a solid distance transfer).

On the women's side, i haven't heard of any solid 100% signings.. which is kind of odd. I was thinking they would be adding a few studs in the sprints and/or jumps but haven't really heard of those yet.... I think the Distance team is on the rise. They might get a solid one there.

Leave a comment:

• TxHottrack
    replied

Originally posted by jazzcyclist
    Originally posted by TxHottrack
    Sorry to bring this up, but has anyone heard of Texas women's signings? I'm so surprised there are no announcements yet. I heard of a few and speculating but would love to see if anyone has really heard of any that will be enrolling or transferring.

Anyone? Any info on the Lady Longhorns? So far, just Chamique Francis, & Morgan Snow. Any other signings we don't know about?
    How much do you think Pat Henry's move from LSU to Texas A&M hurt Texas?

I think regarding recruits in the state of Texas, it hurts Texas a bit. However, I love the fact that Pat Henry is in Texas, & apart of the "Big 12." Prior, to Pat & A&M, Texas didn't have much competition in the sprints. I think it's great that when Texas line up at conference they have a powerhouse team line up against them. Even though A&M have a nice class coming in, they are losing many of their top horses. I think next season it's going to be very interesting to see A&M beatup on Texas Longhorns.

Leave a comment:

• jazzcyclist
    replied

Originally posted by TxHottrack
    Sorry to bring this up, but has anyone heard of Texas women's signings? I'm so surprised there are no announcements yet. I heard of a few and speculating but would love to see if anyone has really heard of any that will be enrolling or transferring.

Anyone? Any info on the Lady Longhorns? So far, just Chamique Francis, & Morgan Snow. Any other signings we don't know about?
    How much do you think Pat Henry's move from LSU to Texas A&M hurt Texas?

Leave a comment:

• TxHottrack
    replied

Leave a comment:

• LH06
    replied

Leave a comment:

• LH06
    replied

Seems like a lot of Texas Players are sick/injured. =/

Missing from the Heat Sheets are: Mia Behm. Stacey Ann Smith, Natasha Masterson, Alli Mendez.

I believe Mia is hurt. Anyone know why the rest are absent from the Big XII Champs?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X