Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Happy Birthday to T&F News

Never thought that 45 years after being introduced to the magazine by McChesney George in Puerto Rico I'd still be subscribing to the magazine or that I would see my first two Olympic Games as a member of their tours.Congrats guys.

Comment

Originally posted by rson
      Never thought that 45 years after being introduced to the magazine by McChesney George in Puerto Rico I'd still be subscribing to the magazine or that I would see my first two Olympic Games as a member of their tours.Congrats guys.
      Nice! I started subscribing 41 years ago this month (within weeks of discovering its very existence) - a callow freshman at a college only a few miles away from their old Los Altos office.

Comment

Last week a woman who I had dated when we were in high school in Texas in 1960 visited her daughter who lives in Los Altos. Because I've lived about 10 miles away in Silicon Valley for most of the last 50 years, I visited them. My friend needed to go to a hardware store, so I drove her to First Street in Los Altos.

When I worked at T&FN in 1965 - 1967 the hardware store had been an ice cream parlor. A giant ice cream cone is still on the roof but it has been painted over. After we left the hardware store we drove past the two store fronts where T&FN was when I worked there and when her daughter was in diapers. There has been no change in downtown Los Altos. However, Ed Fox and I are the only survivors of that crew.

Thanks for the memories and for an even greater T&FN to staffers who have passed away and to those who are still carrying the torch.
        none

Comment

Working...
        X