• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanou gets Olympic gold.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2011/fe ... NTCMP=SRCH

Anyone who know more about this?

Re: Thanou gets Olympic gold.

To quote Brutal: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

How droll.

Comment

Good for her!

Comment

They tried to keep it a huge secret. What a proud day for the Olympic Movement.

Comment

They found her?

Comment

Originally posted by kuha
            They tried to keep it a huge secret. What a proud day for the Olympic Movement.
            Again, the lawyers are controlling the sport. Why else would the IOC change their mind and give her the medal?

Comment

Originally posted by unclezadok
              They found her?
              Nominations for post of the year 2011 have just closed.

Comment

What? Is that gold medal so radioactive that they must get rid of it? Doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Reminds me of the Doomsday Machine, the whole point of it is missing if you keep it a secret.

Comment

Glad the powers that be are working hard to boost the worldwide image of T&F :roll:

Comment

The IOC are insisting that she hasn't been given the medal..........

http://insidethegames.biz/sports/summer ... insist-ioc

But if she has I don't understand why the IOC would be keeping quiet about it. They should be telling the whole world that they don't want her to have it, she doesn't deserve it but they have no choice but to hand it over.

Trying to hush it up is a ridiculous plan that can only backfire.

Comment

Originally posted by Flumpy
                      she doesn't deserve it but they have no choice but to hand it over.
                      Though I agree with you that the IOC are asses for "making news" (the negative kind) out of this, I completely disagree with you that she doesn't deserve it. You are wrong. She deserves that gold medal until there is proof otherwise.

Comment

Whether she deserves it or not is irrelevant I was simply stating the position that th IOC should take on the situation. Obviously they don't think she deserves it or she would have been awarded the medal years ago. By saying this they could salvage some dignity and at least have public opinion on side. By trying to cover it up (If that is what they have been doing) they will get negative publicity which could have been avoided.

Comment

Why is it not possible to just say, that athletes who bring the OG into disrepute will not be awarded medals ?
                          i deserve extra credit

Comment

That is what they said (And quite rightly so) but presumeably there have been further developments that we're not aware of.

Comment

The fact is that since the gold medal was left without an owner, following Marion Jones being scratched, Thanou had to be awarded that on the grounds of being the silver medallist. Apart from speculation, there is nothing substantial that weighs against her over her performance in Sydney. So there was no other way than award the medal to her. Simple things, there has got to be a winner in every single athletics competition.

Comment

Working...
                              X