Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Server

You're running on it. I'm sure there will be some minor problems while the domain name propogates throughout the Internet. If you have any problems please let me know.

Re: New Server

Looks like the "latest post" is off by 3? hours if anyone is wondering about the lack of activity on certain threads.

Comment

The time was off on the old server (happened because of the hardware failure). So messages were getting timestamped incorrectly.

Comment

Some odd stuff seems to have happened in the transition. I took a quick look at the Bascomb thread and see that all the apostrophes in my original post have been turned into question marks. Haven't looked closely enough to see what other weird things have apeared, but assume that this has happened across the board...

Comment

I took a quick look
          >at the Bascomb thread and see that all the apostrophes in my original post have
          >been turned into question marks.

Better go in and edit it.

Comment

Likely is caused by a character set configuration difference between the old server and new one. I'll take a look at it.

Comment

Very weird-only his post.

Comment

I've corrected it all--a real pain in the semi-colon...

Ben: But now I notice that half the title was lost: it just says "Bascomb's" instead of "Bascomb's 'Perfect Mile'". What electronic gremlins are loose in here...?

Can you correct this? I don't see how I can...

Comment

>I've corrected it all--a real pain in the semi-colon...

Here is the perfect book for you and tandfman to take to the beach:

"Reading the book section of The Guardian. I began to smile, and then, ever so softly, to laugh (something we
                  white-knucklers rarely do while airborne). The merriment was induced by quotes from a positive review of a
                  book called Eats, Shoots & Leaves, by Lynne Truss. A book about ... punctuation."

"She instructs in a way that, while laced with humour, has as its bedrock the indignant determination of a
                  self-confessed "stickler," who has been known to splutter at buses bearing poorly punctuated signage."

http://www.globeandmail.com/servlet/Art ... ry=grammar

Comment

Hmmm.... that sounds like a bowdlerization of a joke that John Walker and Rod Dixon told me back in the day:

Q—What's a Kiwi?

A—It's a bird that eats, roots, shoots, and leaves; in the forest.

Comment

>Ben: But now I
                      >notice that half the title was lost: it just says "Bascomb's" instead of
                      >"Bascomb's 'Perfect Mile'". What electronic gremlins are loose in
                      >here...?

>Can you correct this? I don't see how I can...

Just make sure you are logged in and edit the subject of the message. I'm in there. I'll do it to one of mine...

...or you could just have Ben do it as he appears to have just done.

Comment

>>Here is the perfect book for you and tandfman to take to the beach<<

Coincidentally, a guy who works for me sent me an e-mail just a few days ago telling me I had to read this book.

OK. I believe you both. I'll add it to my collection.

Comment

Serverfel!

Servern råkade ut för ett internt fel och var inte möjlig att slutföra din begäran. Server är antigen överbelastad eller så innehåller CGI-skriptet fel.

Om du tror att detta beror på ett serverfel, vänligen kontakta webbansvarig

Error 500
                          Mon 19 Apr 2004 03:19:59 PM EDT
                          Apache/2.0.40 (Red Hat Linux)

Comment

>Serverfel!

Servern r?kade ut f?r ett internt fel och var inte m?jlig att
                            >slutf?ra din beg?ran. Server ?r antigen ?verbelastad eller s? inneh?ller
                            >CGI-skriptet fel.

Om du tror att detta beror p? ett serverfel, v?nligen
                            >kontakta webbansvarig

Error 500
                            Mon 19 Apr 2004 03:19:59
                            >PM EDT
                            Apache/2.0.40 (Red Hat Linux)>>

I've gotten that message (in English) a couple of times. I just go back to the post and I've had no problems.

Comment

I have no problems, either, it is just a temporary re-occuring glitch.

Comment

Working...
                              X