Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: London Marathon

Please ,I am to haveing troubles at the keep up ,and it is hard to know if you like the girl time she is running. in the marathon you know. I am having faster times in the 10 kilometers raceing ,and that is too good for me also. 31m 2s is my open time not being run around the track but on the roads in Cicily. I like you messages ,and I like track. you are haveing really pretty colours in the title.

Comment

Not to downplay
      >her performance,

Yeah, we sure wouldn't want to downplay a 2:33:52:-).

Comment

> I like you messages ,and I like track. you are haveing really pretty colours in the
        >title.

Hey, has AH Khadra resurfaced with a new non-de-plume?
        http://65.110.36.121/tfn/discussion/vie ... sage=36900

Comment

IAAF Board definitely had a better pissing match on Tracey Morris than we did :-)

http://www.iaaf.org/community/forums/Li ... icID=16140

Comment

>IAAF Board definitely had a better pissing match on Tracey Morris than we did
            >:-)

At the risk of starting this up again, there really isn't much more to be said on the matter once you actually learn a bit about her background. No biggie although I notice a few people over there kept calling her a fun runner even after getting the facts spelled out for them. One can do a lot in 18 months, even from a standing(or sitting) start, which this woman clearly wasn't coming from.

Comment

I was half expecting it to restart the "you're more parochial than I am" argument!

Comment

>I was half expecting it to restart the "you're more parochial than I am"
                >argument!

I glossed over all of those posts. No point in complaining about parochialism. All you have to do is be parochial right back.

Comment

>IAAF Board definitely had a better pissing match on Tracey Morris than we did
                  >:-)"

I could always add a post to the Norris McWhirter thread if you want us to have a first rate pissing contest!

Comment

>2004: Won the
                    >the Helsby half-marathon, the York half-marathon, the Pocklington 10 miles
                    >race, the Hull 19.4 miles race, the
                    Wakefield 10 kilometres and the
                    >Salford 10 kilometres<

WBO IBF WBA WBC

168 175 190 240

US Masters US Open British Open USPGA

jeez, why didn't the field curl up & die when she lined up !!!

Comment

She's definitely not a Priscilla Welch... at least not yet. For those who don't remember her - Welch was a British women who started running competitively at 34 and ended up winning the NYC Marathon at 42 and running a PB of 2:26. Which goes to show a late start isn't an impossible barrier.
                      Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

>She's definitely not a Priscilla Welch... at least not yet. For those who don't
                        >remember her - Welch was a British women who started running competitively at
                        >34 and ended up winning the NYC Marathon at 42 and running a PB of 2:26. Which
                        >goes to show a late start isn't an impossible barrier.

Some one will have to tell me if Welch ran when she was a junior. I can't remember. If not, they are 2 completely different set of circumstances.

Comment

jeez, why didn't the
                          >field curl up & die when she lined up !!!

My guess is that it wasn't a shock to any of her contemporary Brit runners-at least it shouldn't have been.

Comment

>Some one will have to tell me if Welch ran when she was a junior.

I believe she didn't - which make her achievements all the more impressive
                            Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

The negative response to the Tracy Morris story here and on the IAAF boards has amazed me.

This is a wonderful story, a woman who has gone from all-but-zero to Olympic athlete in 18 months. She is an absolute delight, charming, modest and friendly. Her story was all over the network news in the UK and is the best thing to have happened to our sport for a very long time. Other than Tracy Morris, the only other track-related item on the main news in the past 6 months has been THG/Chambers.

Seriously, if those of you putting her down are really so unable to enjoy her performance then you need to take a couple of years away from the sport to remind yourself what it is all about. Tracy Morris demonstrates the very essence, the very heart and soul of our sport.

Comment

>The negative response to the Tracy Morris story here and on the IAAF boards has
                                >amazed me.

I'm one of the ones trying to bring some realism to this. I wouldn't call that negative. Let me go on the record that I agree, it is a great story and I am very happy for her. Ok? All I am saying is that, given her pedigree, to be completely shocked by her performance is to display a lack of knowledge of the sport. Luckily the general media is woefully lacking in that knowledge or it wouldn't be getting the coverage that it is. This is one case where the lack of the general media's understanding of the sport is working in the sport's favour.

Comment

Working...
                                X