Mo is back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mo is back!

Unbelievable performance. 10.02 into 1.6 headwind. That means he is already in 9.8 shape. This guy is gonna reclaim the WR. Montgomery seems a lil rusty but I'm sure he'll come around.

Re: Mo is back!

I really do not think that Mo is going to be as dominant as he were, but if he is in shape there are very few people that can beat him.
    I hope that he stays healthy because it would be great to watch him defend his title.

Comment

He bas been inconsistent the last 2 years that's a sign of ageing. It would be cool to see him be the first 100 metre champion to "win" the next Olympic crown.

Comment

Not convinced that wind reading is accurate. It was pretty calm in the stadium during that race.

In fact, all but about 3 of the races that day were either 0, positive legal, or illegal. The women's 100m invitational had a wind of +2.1 only about 15 minutes before. Then it went to 0 for the university men, -1.6 for the men's invite, and back up to +2.7, +1.8, and +0.5 for the hurdles. It really didn't seem that variable.

Not a bad run by Greene, but the man just won Mt SAC, not Athens. Let's hold off on the proclamations that he's back until a few more races. Remember, he did run 9.94 last year, and everyone said "HE'S BACK!!!".

Comment

> It would be cool to see him be the first 100 metre champion to "win" the next Olympic crown. <

By my count, if Greene won in Athens, he would be the fourth Olympic 100 metre champion to defend the crown successfully four years later, the first three being Wyomia Tyus, Carl Lewis, and Gail Devers.

Comment

he´s talking about the men´s 100m Olympic Champions.
            If Mo would win...he would be the first to cross the finish first in back to back Olympics.

Carl might have the Gold medal....but he did not cross the finish line in Seoul 88

Comment

>he?s talking about the men?s

There we go with the question marks again. It's odd(that is a test).

Mine is ok.

Comment

>Not convinced that wind reading is accurate. It was pretty calm in the stadium
                >during that race."

I agree with Hulk. I've always been highly dubious of the wind readings at Mt. Sac. The stadium is surrounded by hills and the wind swirls around. I was about 20m from the finish line and there was too much crowd noise to hear the wind reading. It wasn't until I got home that I heard about the headwind. I had actually been wondering if it was legal or not. That said, Mo did look good and was looking around in the last 5m (in the paper he claims to have been looking for his mum. Yeah, right Mo!). Is there anywhere online I can see the race?

Comment

From John Crumpacker in the SF Chronicle:

<<In Sunday's featured event at Mt. SAC, Greene appeared to be rocking forward at the gun while Montgomery was rocking backward.>>

Haven't talked to staff yet who were there, but perhaps a rolling start?

Comment

Two different staff members say not a rolling start.

Comment

http://www.trackshark.com/photos/2004/i ... hoto21.jpg

There are those who win, and those who go home in defeat.

Comment

i saw no motion in the blocks. All i saw was Mo have a terrific start, calm and patient drive phase and relaxed finish... Mo ran beautifully in both of his races.... and so did torri, inger, and Mickey Grimes.

And i love to watch Larry and Allen go at it in the hurdles every year...

Comment

I made my prediction a while ago (you can search for it on this very site) and I believe even made a few bets with regards to Mo winning in Athens and probably reclaiming the WR. Pretty near everyone told me it would be near impossible for him to do either. Now, I'm not saying Mt SAC is a tell all race... but I'm definitely encouraged. I think Mo has all the physical tools to run as fast as ever. He needs to have the drive and a tiny bit of luck to win and get the record back... both of which I think are going to happen.

It couldn't happen to a nicer guys assuming it does.

M

Comment

>> Mo winning in Athens and probably reclaiming
                            >> the WR.

Reclaiming the WR... very unlikely. Last time he was "close" was 2001 (1999 if you consider just the time), and he injured himself in the process. I don't think it'll happen again.

Winning in Athens? I'll say unlikely, faced with the competition he has this year. He has to survive the rounds, which was a lot easier when he was 3 years younger.

Comment

Working...
                            X