Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• khanouchi in athens 10k

does anyone know if khalid khanouchi plans to run the 10k in athens, or will he run only a fall marathon, i think if he runs the 10k he might go sub 27 and it might improve his chances of another wr in a fall marathon like chicago or berlin.

Re: khanouchi in athens 10k

I don't believe KK can just sign up for the Athens 10,000, should he feel like running a sub 27 and helping his fall marathon career. Despite his godlike marathon status, I'd wager he still has to qualify in the same manner as the rest of the aspiring USAnian distance runners, namely to run a 10,000 time to qualify himself for the US Olympic Trials (as well as Olympic standard), then actually place top 3 at the Trials.

Given it's been a couple of years since his last track race, do you have any inside information on his return to the oval in the near future?

Comment

Re: khanouchi in athens 10k

I don't think KK has ever done a 10k on the Track at least his website doesn't list a 10k track PR. It also doesn't look like he has done a track race since 1995 or 1996. Most of his shorter distance PR's are from 1995 - 1999. He has not run a sub 28 min 10k since 2000.

Given the speed at which the 10k is being run today I'm not sure he is willing to try his luck at the 10k in Athens.

Although I do agree with the idea that some 10k work this summer may help his fall marathon efforts. Be he is a far better judge of that then I.

Comment

Working...
      X