Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accurate Reporting

This was discussed earlier, but Stanford CID is back at it again:

"In women's competition, Alicia Craig ran a 15:31.15 while Sara Bei ran 15:26.21 in the 5,000 meters to both qualify for the NCAA Regionals. Bei's previous best time was 16:03.08 at last year's Mt. Sac Relays. Bei's time was also third-best in school history."

This is the second time in less than a month they have misreported 5,000m facts on their site. The last time it centered around Alicia Craig:

"In the women's 5,000 meters, Alicia Craig gained All-America honors for a seventh time at Stanford with a second place in 15:45.08. Craig's time was just short of her school record time of 13:43.04 set last year. Kim Smith of Providence overpowered the field in a time of 15:14.18."

(http://gostanford.collegesports.com/spo ... 04aaa.html)

Gabe must be beating that drum a little too hard each time the CID is in the middle an athletics article.

Re: Accurate Reporting

This is the second time in less than a month they have
    >misreported 5,000m facts on their site.

Why even bother complaining about this, at the TCU invite they ran the wrong number of laps in the womens 5k. I remember looking up and seeing 10 laps to go and an elapsed time of 2:30 seconds and thinking to myself that can't be correct. I was't brave enough to yell that they must of messed up the laps. The next day saw it correctly reported as a 4600 meter race.

Comment

Re: Accurate Reporting

Tjöta

Comment

Working...
      X