Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN's greatest athlete

ESPN is running a poll on the greatest male athlete competing today. From another thread I found out about this. Both Allen Johnson and Geb are losing their first round match ups, so I thought I could drum up some support here. Go here to vote.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/index

Let's get some track & field respect.

Re: ESPN's greatest athlete

Let's get some
    >track & field respect.

Why bother. Top 10 moments in sports includes a horse race and couple of things that happened in football(as in American) games and baseball games. Typical parochial nonsense.

Comment

As one measure of how well they understand what they're doing, note that there are three track athletes listed. In last year's T&FN Athlete Of The Year balloting they finished 5th, 9th and 18th.

Comment

Kind of on topic but it is also the 40th anniversary of ABC's Wide World of Sports. Go to the site below:

http://espn.go.com/abcsports/wwos/40thconstant.html

Scroll down the right hand side and you will find the opening clip of the show with the poor bastard who falls off the ski jump. Play that clip and tell me that it doesn't bring back memories.

Comment

>As one measure of how well they understand what they're doing, note that there
          >are three track athletes listed. In last year's T&FN Athlete Of The Year
          >balloting they finished 5th, 9th and 18th.

They probably don't mean who was the best athlete last year, just the best overall athlete still competing today.

Comment

I didn't see this post before I made mine. I love track but I have to vote Phelps over AJ. Let's hope all the "non-athletes" Schumacher, Woods, Earnhardt, etc. don't advance past round 1

Comment

>I didn't see this post before I made mine. I love track but I have to vote Phelps over AJ.<

How could you vote for Phelps over AJ. AJ has been winning for years. Has missed the WR repeatedly by the smallest margins. While Phelps has broken records in one year. You can't compare by medal counts since a good swimmer has so many more chances for medals then a runner. I'm sure AJ would have a ton of hardware if TF had races every 50 meters.

Comment

Vote is now open for second half of round one. Vote, and make sure Pappas moves on to the next round.

Comment

Working...
                X