Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas Relays

We are suppose to be receiving some nice weather this Texas Relays weekend. Who all will be attending this meet? Do you think both A&M men & women will win the university/college division?

Re: Texas Relays

I will be attending and working Texas Relays, the 59th anniversary of my first Texas Relay.
    Missed a few while I was off living life but have been there for about 40 of them.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf
      Missed a few while I was off living life . . .
      I don't understand this. How can you live life without track & field?

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
        Missed a few while I was off living life . . .
        I don't understand this. How can you live life without track & field?
        Think of it as "trackandfieldus interruptus."
        I did not miss all T&F, just could not get to Texas Relays.

Comment

According to Wallace Spearmon one of the 4x1 teams...

Kimmons
          Rodgers
          Patton
          Spearmon

Tyson Gay in a 4x4.

Comment

I will be attending and working Texas Relays, the 59th anniversary of my first Texas Relay.
            Missed a few while I was off living life but have been there for about 40 of them.
            Texas Relays seem to have some of the best officials in the state. How do you get into becoming an official? I think I can fit that into my already busy schedule. I work & taking some classes, so why not add more to my schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by Avante

Kimmons
              Rodgers
              Patton
              Spearmon

Tyson Gay in a 4x4.

I like this line up. I wonder who are their contenders. I would like to see Spearmon on a 4x400 as well.

Comment

Originally posted by TxHottrack
                Originally posted by Avante

Kimmons
                Rodgers
                Patton
                Spearmon

Tyson Gay in a 4x4.
                I like this line up. I wonder who are their contenders. I would like to see Spearmon on a 4x400 as well.
                I put this in the Longhorns thread but I'm getting the feeling Tyson doesn't run based after watching this: http://www.flotrack.org/coverage/238228 ... ida-Relays

Comment

Texas Relays seem to have some of the best officials in the state. How do you get into becoming an official? I think I can fit that into my already busy schedule. I work & taking some classes, so why not add more to my schedule.
                  You have to be a USATF certified official. The So TX Association offers the class in Austin occasionally. Then, you'll have to join the UT Track Officials club which was like $50 back when i used to be one. You then get to officiate the Relays, get a lot of UT swag...rain suits, hats, shirts, etc...tickets to the officials/coaches fish fry THU night, free parking at the Relays, etc. You can contact the SoTx assoc. for info on it. It used to be John Drolla. dunno who it is now.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter Brown
                    You have to be a USATF certified official. The So TX Association offers the class in Austin occasionally. Then, you'll have to join the UT Track Officials club which was like $50 back when i used to be one. You then get to officiate the Relays, get a lot of UT swag...rain suits, hats, shirts, etc...tickets to the officials/coaches fish fry THU night, free parking at the Relays, etc. You can contact the SoTx assoc. for info on it. It used to be John Drolla. dunno who it is now.
                    Cool. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Cooter pretty well covered the basics.. also recommendation by a couple of members familiar with your qualifications helps..

Comment

It looks like there are some pretty good (some wind-aided --- like 5mps) marks in the multis so far.

Krais, Ryann has hit (PR?) 12.14/39-10 (vs 38-0.25
                        Carrier, Chelse 11.75m 38-06.75 (vs 37-8) and windy 13.04/5.4 (1118pts); her PR is 5073, so she should be well on her way to a PR, although she is weak on day 2 (104' in Jav, 2:19 800), so her lead probably needs help to hold off Krais whose PR is 5779 . I do not know enough about the others that might be doing pretty well here. Even at 23.64/4.0w, that is a pretty nice 200

1 Carrier, Chelsea 13.04 1.73m 11.75m 23.64
                        West Virginia w: 5.4 5-08 38-06.75 w: 4.0
                        JR 3670 (1118) (891) (645) (1016) 3670
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------
                        2 Krais, Ryann 13.67 1.70m 12.14m 24.85
                        Kansas State w: 4.0 5-07 39-10 w: 4.0
                        JR 3452 (1026) (855) (670) (901) 3452
                        3 Fitzpatrick, Daphne 14.22 1.73m 11.82m 24.19
                        Texas A&M w: 5.3 5-08 38-09.5 w: 4.7
                        SR 3450 (947) (891) (649) (963) 3450
                        4 Alcide, Makeba 14.05 1.73m 11.88m 25.12
                        Arkansas w: 3.6 5-08 38-11.75 w: 2.7
                        SO 3391 (971) (891) (653) (876) 3391

Comment

krais is 100 points up on her pr set at thorpe cup last august...

krais thru 133 in javelin there and 122 in usatf, so if form holds there with the 105 range and say krais does 122 range, thee lead is cut by 100...

discounting long jump for now...

krais broke 2;10 in pent recently and has run close to 2:10 several times this indoors..
                          she did 57:30 400 hurdles better than anything at ucla...

her 13.67 and 24:85 are better than anything since high school days...

she did 19' 5" range at thorpe cup, but indoors is doing mid 18...

so carrier needs to beat krais by a foot to have a solid chance...
                          and carrier did 19 6 in lj indoors

form means this will come down to the wire

suspect krais loses that 100 point pr lead in long jump, threw 133 in thorpe cup, so 122 buts her about 75 behind pr..

ran 2:13 800 so suppose a 2:10 800 here, so she'd be short of pr by 30 points...

jumps better than 18 6 or throw better than 122, would give her a better shot at pr..

sounds like her move from ucla to kansas state has been a good move

Comment

long jump results give carrier 250 point lead..

1 Carrier, Chelsea JR West Virginia 6.22m 1.8 20-05.00 918
                            5.85m(0.7) 6.22m(1.8) FOUL(0.7)
                            2 Krais, Ryann JR Kansas State 5.79m 1.8 19-00.00 786
                            5.73m(1.3) 5.79m(1.8) 5.73m(1.2)

1 Carrier, Chelsea 13.04 1.73m 11.75m 23.64 6.22m
                            West Virginia w: 5.4 5-08 38-06.75 w: 4.0 w: 1.8
                            JR 4588 (1118) (891) (645) (1016) 3670 (918) (0) (0)
                            2 Krais, Ryann 13.67 1.70m 12.14m 24.85 5.79m
                            Kansas State w: 4.0 5-07 39-10 w: 4.0 w: 1.8
                            JR 4238 (1026) (855) (670) (901) 3452 (786) (0) (0)

that's quite a lead...

if carrieR throws 110, a 6 foot pr

and krais does 130

the lead is cut to 133

krais does a 2:10 800

carrier does 2:20, krais wins by 7 points...

the margin in the javelin is thre key, if krais cuts the 250 to 150 or less, then the winner is still in doubt

Comment

Carrier's PR is 5073, at 4588 she is only 485 from that mark with two to go (both weak or relatively weak, but everything else has been a PR-type, including the SP so probably gets 110 or maybe even more in the DT).

Of course, wind assistance was pretty big yesterday (and 1.8 or so in the LJ). These two will not touch Theisen, but have moved up the pecking order (a little for RK? but big-time for Carrier).

There are some other good scores here but so far are overshadowed by the top two.

Comment

Working...
                              X