Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Texas Relays

I don't think many go to the meet for 8 solid hours.

Comment

Originally posted by texas_speed
      I don't think many go to the meet for 8 solid hours.
      Most I know do. We were there FRI from 10am - 7pm & SAT from 8am to the end.

However, we do have beer in the parking garage available all day long.

Comment

LOL. Well that's kind of what I meant...most don't sit out in the sun for 8 solid hours.

But I get your point.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter Brown
          Charles Austin's son jumped 6'8" to take 2nd in the HJ. Charles stated that he first attempted the HJ a month ago. He's a junior at San Marcos HS.
          8 weeks after high jumping for the first time, SMHS junior, Allex Austin is over 7'2".

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/high ... 361202.php

He said he thinks he has acquired his father's competitive fire, as well — a notion that was underscored when the bar went up to 6-10 at the district meet.

At that point, Austin said he heard, “‘His dad won the gold medal. But he can't do it.'”

He promptly cleared 6-10. Then he went over 7-0 for the first time in his life, soaring over the bar by a good 4 inches.

Charles Austin, who holds the American record at 7-101/2, sounded almost incredulous in describing how easy his son made it look in clearing 7-0, then 7-2.

“It was ridiculous,” Austin recalled. “It was sickening how high he was over the bar. I think it's just a matter of time before he breaks my record. If he really finds the passion, he's going to get it.”

Comment

Working...
          X